280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Life is not good...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 PM

Unhappy Life is not good...

Well I guess I was at the top of the hill cause now I am on my way down. My Turbo isn't doing well and today my boss called me into his office to tell me he had to let me go. He told me it was nothing I did, just that we have had to many clients cancel their services. He said that I would be laid off so I could get unemployment or I could stay and get a dollar raise but I could only work two day a week...I chose to stay. I know eventually he will get more clients and he told me he would be able to bring me back full time when that happens...he is hoping by spring. I could tell that it bothered him real bad to have to give me this news but it is business and I told him that.

I have to admit, it bothers me alot that I will now have to get out there and work for someone who could care less about their employees after finally getting a job that I enjoy going to and a boss that I have alot of respect for as a boss and a friend. I am sure I am going to get some more bad new as it always comes in threes. I think I will work on my '79 this weekend and see if I can get the intake gasket on and see if that helps...if it does, screw it, I am going to start listing Turbo Parts on Ebay.

Last edited by thxone; 07-16-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Ah, dude. Don't give up, get a new job for the time being and set your project on hold. You're so close, don't give up now.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by raythenegr0
Ah, dude. Don't give up, get a new job for the time being and set your project on hold. You're so close, don't give up now.
See that sounds easy but where am I going to find a job that pays as well and pays every week? One where I can sit and drink with the boss at work...one where I get to work with my Brother and my Dad.......this blows.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 PM

Man that sux... I had an 83 280turbo that i got rid of and my life has just never been the same.... everytime i look at a 280 turbo all i can think bout is me being stupid and getting rid of it... I wouldnt sell that 79 for the world...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Political n00b crusher

Hang in there man! Things always turn around eventually....just be patient..and don't sell the Z!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Nothing is set in stone yet....but depression can make you do dumb ****. I am going to try to keep a level head but it isn't going to be easy until I can get on my feet again. I am just glad I don't have a chick all up in my grill bringing me down more.....damn chicks!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Political n00b crusher

Hey man play your guitar! That always makes me feel better...
Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Dude, just find any other job on your days off to keep the cash coming in until business picks back up. I've dug ditches and worked at McDonald's for Christ's sake! Seriously, don't do what so many do and pass up a menial job because they're too proud and then suddenly find themselves evicted and living off friends and family. I freakin' hate those people! Most people hang their heads and cry about how unfair the world is. I know you're not that way. Just find any crappy job to keep things going until it turns around. For people like you, it will turn around.

Cheers,
LWW
Old 07-16-2007, 08:07 PM

Well...looky here. Someone to join me on th unemployment line!!

I just lost my job due to.....personal differences... Whatever that means!!

I guess I had too much experience and the owners like to have 20 year olds running things. I won't go into details...no reason. But things are already looking up and I can't wait for my next paying gig.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Originally Posted by duckyz
Well...looky here. Someone to join me on th unemployment line!!

I just lost my job due to.....personal differences... Whatever that means!!

I guess I had too much experience and the owners like to have 20 year olds running things. I won't go into details...no reason. But things are already looking up and I can't wait for my next paying gig.
Well misery luvs company, maybe it's just a sour bug going around right with losing work and Z's just being like a butt and stuff, anyhoo, yeah, i agree with these guys, to keep the Z and be patient. I am so there, yer not alone ^.^

Originally Posted by thxone
I am just glad I don't have a chick all up in my grill bringing me down more.....damn chicks!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Big Poppa

sounds like you all should come to b.c. i can get yall jobs in the blink of an eye!! work is plentiful here, even for a 4th grader! dude get a paper route, sounds dumb, but its tax free, i used to have 3 all at the same time, made 450 a month, not bad for 3 days a week, 3 hours each of those days
Old 07-16-2007, 08:27 PM

My wife's been a champ. She's really helping me out with updating my resume and getting it ready to send out.

gotta love a good wife!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
thatz so bum aboot cha both being down on the unemployment thing----do not forget to file for your unenjoyment checks while you job hunt------i think you both qualify.................and do not even think of selling yer Z.......sheesh, boyz.......
Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

sorry to hear that.......but in order to have good days you gotta have bad days...sounds stupid. its just the timing. be calm and take one step at a time.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Über User

260turbo, thats exactly what i say, how could you know when your on top of things when you havent seen rock bottom?

also, dont part the car, your better off holding out just dropping the insurance on one of the cars and letting them chill till the money comes back, also go get another job. you can work both at the same time no problem.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 AM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

as long as the Z isn't the DD, which mine kinda is
Old 07-17-2007, 04:06 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey thxone, i don't have to go over there, and slap some sense into you do I? Chill out man, relax, life is not peachy all the time. There are hang-ups and such. Take people's advice and find something else temporarily. Until it picks back up. But do not part out or sell your Z. It is what you always wanted man. Don't give up on it. Sheesh what is with the Z people recently? I am sick of hearing people giving up on their Z's. No offense to anybody, but it is friggin' depressing.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:51 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by thxone
screw it, I am going to start listing Turbo Parts on Ebay.
How much you want for the P90A head (if it's non-hydraulic)?

Originally Posted by WildmaN
But do not part out or sell your Z.
No way bro... Thxone's turbo could be the donor that save's other 280zxt's lives. Remember... Say YES to Organ Donation.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Doesn't post much...

Sorry THX, that really sux monkeys.

I like L-Dubs advice though. Do watchagotta do and eventually things will turn around for ya.

Hang in there and enjoy the extra "Guitar time" between job searches

Rod.
to "The Man"

Last edited by RodMoyes; 07-17-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 AM
NisTuner

Man, don't get rid of the turbo. I know how you feel. My turbo car was probably the same way if not worse. I had a major exhaust leak from the head, a stud was broken off, my car would barely run from a cold start, I had a short somewhere in the battery cables, etc. At points I didn't have much money and the car wasn't very useable, I almost sold it at one point. The sale fell through, eventually everything worked out, and I'm really glad I didn't sell it.

Just hang in there and you'll make it.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM

Update

Ok, I am a little more calm today...just got home from work. My boss said if I choose to get another job and work both he will give me a recommendation to that company even if it is one of his competitors. So I am going to be ok I guess.

NismoPick...I am going to hold off on parting the car. Until my head clears, I shouldn't do anything rash. I talked to the guy who sold me the car today and he showed me some paperwork on the head...remember when I said I thought the head had been off before...it was off to replace the head gasket and while it was off it got a 3 angle valve job, SS stock size valves and new springs along with all the other stuff it needed in the head including a 1mm metal head gasket. The cam is stock but he said it was prepped for a stage 1 cam, he just decided not to put it in. The total was just over $700 for all the work including labor. Oh yeah, and it is not a hydraulic head.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Über User

sounds like you can build a beast with what was done... shes a keeper, just needs some TLC
Old 07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

you know what always puts me in a good mood. well sex is the first thing but buying z parts always puts a smile on my face. just lately iv been having a hard time getting stuff i dont have >_<. o well im gonna order a bigger radiator. nothing like coming home and finding Z packages
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
ok, drama king-----we luz yaz........good thing ya gotcher brane back before ya did any damage to one of yer babiez..........yer ok, sugah.......just relax fer a minit........it all works out!!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Update #2

While at work today doing some real easy stuff (handing out fliers all day) I ran into one of our competitors, I stopped and spoke with him about a job. I am about to be getting trained at $700 a week doing less work with a bigger company with near the same work hours. Once I am done training, which he said wouldn't take long as I have experience now in this field, I should be making anywhere from $1,000 - $1,200 a week!!!! Did I mention that this guy has been with the company for 28 years and is one of the head honchos at this office? He said with my experience and him backing me I am guaranteed the job.

I think I know now why this happened....I took the initiative to talk to the guy about it and it worked out....had I sat around the house and cried about working two days a week and doing nothing about it, guess what...nothing would change. He told me that his particular office makes over $1,000,000 a month...IN A MONTH!!! I am just a little excited, can you tell? You all may see a TT Z32 in my future.

Quick Reply: Life is not good...