ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   Hey Wade (lWW-L-Dub...) !!! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/hey-wade-lww-l-dub-23619/)

RodMoyes 08-21-2007 04:57 PM

Hey Wade (lWW-L-Dub...) !!!

So I have this crazy idea...

I've been conteplating the future of my Z and I think I may know what I want to do with it.

It's about to get disassembled for a bare metal strip down and painting. The motor is coming out.

I used to really want to do an RB26DETT swap, but the Smog laws just make it too much of a pain.

Then, my poor driving buddy with the 350Z gave me an idea.

Three are a butt-ton of wrecked tree fiddy'z out there...

VQ35 swap can be done smog legal :D

I know you're buddy up there in the frozen tundra of Nor Cal has done some pretty amazing motor swaps into little Nissans so...

What do you think? If I trailer the shell and the complete motor/tranny etc up there and dropped it off, could your buddy do all the fab work and what not?????

Maybe???

I'm serious by the way. Serious as a heart attack.

:D

Rod.

hoov100 08-21-2007 05:07 PM

why not a vh45de swap?

apollo 08-21-2007 05:26 PM

Are yout alking about Rob from Z Car Garage? I dont think its a question of if he can cuz he most definately can. Its a question of when. . . .from what i heard last that guy is booked solid for hella months. But then again wade and rob are homies. He might be able to get you plug . . .just speculation though

NismoPick 08-21-2007 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
why not a vh45de swap?

More weight for same amount of hp? :wasted:

hoov100 08-21-2007 07:52 PM

same HP, but the vh is capable of holding more power while still maintaining daily driveability, also they really bitchin..

lww 08-21-2007 08:47 PM

I'll ask tomorrow when I'm there. You're really talking about an R&D effort though. Time and money are going to be limiting factors.

I think it's an excellent idea though. You're talking an all aluminum block, aluminum heads and 270 hp for a very reasonable weight and like you said, donors are pretty cheap right now. The motor will sit back much farther in the engine bay improving the center of gravity too.

Call my cell.

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
So I have this crazy idea...

VQ35 swap can be done smog legal :D

What do you think? If I trailer the shell and the complete motor/tranny etc up there and dropped it off, could your buddy do all the fab work and what not?????

I'm serious by the way. Serious as a heart attack.

Rod.

lww 08-21-2007 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
More weight for same amount of hp? :wasted:

VH45DE(TT) ummm... turbos... :wasted:

RodMoyes 08-21-2007 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by lww
I'll ask tomorrow when I'm there. You're really talking about an R&D effort though. Time and money are going to be limiting factors.

I think it's an excellent idea though. You're talking an all aluminum block, aluminum heads and 270 hp for a very reasonable weight and like you said, donors are pretty cheap right now. The motor will sit back much farther in the engine bay improving the center of gravity too.

Call my cell.

I didn't figure on it being cheap... :D

A good friend of mine once told me "Any problem that can be solved with money, isn't really a problem" :)

I'll call ya tomorrow.

Rod.

icice9 08-21-2007 09:53 PM

i wanna see this happen.... ive wanted to do the same thing too...

SHADY280 08-22-2007 06:32 AM

hey its only money and time, then if we go to msa again, rod can keep up on the way back from the park!!! no more wondering whats gonna break in the tranny!

veyenyl 08-22-2007 09:40 AM

VQ swap in progress into a S30

http://gallery.voodoo-people.com/alb...dium.sized.jpg

Look at all the space for a twin turbo setup :029:

http://gallery.voodoo-people.com/alb...dium.sized.jpg

RodMoyes 08-22-2007 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
hey its only money and time, then if we go to msa again, rod can keep up on the way back from the park!!! no more wondering whats gonna break in the tranny!

I don't remember having any trouble "keeping up" this year... In fact I don't recall my car breaking this year at all... But I do seem to remember somebody with a "faster" 280ZX having a few spots of trouble... :wasted:

And hey veyenyl, I know it has already been done in an S30 which is why I figured it would be as easy or easier with the slightly larger S130. :D

Rod.

NismoPick 08-22-2007 10:01 AM

But I do seem to remember somebody with a "faster" 280ZX having a few spots of trouble... :wasted:

That's me foh shiz! :D

RodMoyes 08-22-2007 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
That's me foh shiz! :D

I did just remember though that once I got home to San Diego that night, about 5 minutes after I parked the Z... The top seam on the radiator split again... :wasted:

Rod.

SHADY280 08-22-2007 09:28 PM

you said it was the first time you have ever chirped 2nd and you didnt even know your car could do that. we were just quickly cruisin, you were having the drive of your life in that beast!!

RodMoyes 08-22-2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
you said it was the first time you have ever chirped 2nd and you didnt even know your car could do that. we were just quickly cruisin, you were having the drive of your life in that beast!!

True enough, but I did keep up...

But I didn't just "chirp" second, I got an all out mega-BARK out of it... Which is one thing on stock H rated 195/70R14 pizza cutters but quite another on a set of 245/35ZR18's with a "AA" traction rating ;)

Rod.

frank280zx 08-22-2007 11:39 PM

that was just some oil on the road that made it spin anyhow :098: ;)

RodMoyes 08-23-2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by frank280zx
that was just some oil on the road that made it spin anyhow :098: ;)

Why you gotta be destroyin' my dream dawg???

Foh reeelz yo... Dat shizzle wuz cold blooded G. Day-um

:cool:

Rod.

apollo 08-23-2007 02:06 PM

Why you gotta be destroyin' my dream dawg???

Foh reeelz yo... Dat shizzle wuz cold blooded G. Day-um

Yeeeaaaa . . . .um . . . . wow

lww 08-24-2007 10:46 AM

Damn, I feel like I just drove down E.14th in Oakland...

Bleach 08-24-2007 01:11 PM

Ima doin a Vee Kyew swap too, dawg... ferget the supercharga, I'm droppin in a chicken rotisserie

entropy31 08-24-2007 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
Ima doin a Vee Kyew swap too, dawg... ferget the supercharga, I'm droppin in a chicken rotisserie

awwwwwww shiznit dawgg, u gunna b kookin up some hella WICKED chicken y0!!! dat shizz be lyke madd tyte g.

Goofyz 08-24-2007 01:41 PM

nix the inline 2.6?????

I thought the smog laws said you had to pass the smog output of the year of the car you have, not the engine in the car...

entropy31 08-24-2007 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Goofyz
I thought the smog laws said you had to pass the smog output of the year of the car you have, not the engine in the car...

not in Cali. gotta pass the year of the engine. even tougher considering the engine was never available in the US.

Goofyz 08-24-2007 07:08 PM

That sucks!!!! Still....what an engine!! :)