ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   Got her back (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/got-her-back-21621/)

skittle 01-27-2007 11:41 AM

Got her back

Well I ended up getting the Z back from the kid. His insurance company won't insure him for a car that old. Should have looked at that first before buying it from me huh? At least this way I can try trouble shooting the issue or just use it as a parts car if needed.

I wish I had some people here in vegas that would help me get her running right. Every one I know flakes on me all the time. ARghhhhhh

Zachrates 01-27-2007 12:06 PM

Make him pay you for post traumatic stress! Say it ruined your life when you had to take back the car! lol

You know that problem that you have.. maybe you just need to rig up one of the ecu's wrong so that you stop getting the smoke lol If rigging it right doesn't work, just rig it wrong! lol

skittle 01-27-2007 12:16 PM

yeah no joke... i'll be getting that other one so maybe i'll use it as a parts car. That way i can at least get the highbacks out of them.

y2daniel1981 01-27-2007 12:48 PM

how would one go about legally driving a car if insurance agencies won't insure it because of it's age?

skittle 01-27-2007 01:56 PM

he has to have comprehesion not just liablity.

NismoPick 01-27-2007 02:15 PM

Next time put "Sold As Is ... No Warranty" in the bill of sale. :D Then you can dust off your hands and be done with it. Doo it! Doo it!

3XAZOWNER 01-27-2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by skittle
Well I ended up getting the Z back from the kid. His insurance company won't insure him for a car that old.

Never heard of that! Either he is shooting you a line or he had his story backwards.

I was young when I got my first Z and I had to shop around to find a company that would write me on the car. But it wasnt the age of the car, but the age of the driver. They didnt want to write me on a sports car at my age.
They probably would not write him on the car or it was awfully expensive and he couldnt pay it.
Hope you got to keep the down payment, to help you get it running again.

snwbrderphat540 01-27-2007 04:02 PM

GAY!!!! i knew you would once the shit hit the fan. haha. but besides that.. yeah AS IS no warrenty. and it works. i stopped at a dealer today when i saw a twinturbo 300zx and it had AS IS in the window no warrenty.... at a nissan dealer. so it works lol. it only had 56k on the car i really wanted to talk about it and almost buy it... but dealer prolly woulda ripped my ass off. lol. meh

skittle 01-27-2007 05:17 PM

Yeah thats what i'll do next time. I'll prob make up a good contract and post it on here for every one to use if they decide to sell their car

WildmaN 01-27-2007 08:00 PM

I would help you out man, if you were closer. I am sure I could help you get it running. I almost have my '83 running.

All aside, it is true about a car's age with insurance. There were a few that wouldn't cover my dad's '66 Olds. Especially GEICO, they really suck balls. They said it was too old, so he found somebody that would cover it.

SHADY280 01-27-2007 08:24 PM

try and get her to msa skittle, we'll work on it the whole time.

skittle 01-27-2007 08:55 PM

yeah by then i should have my new z. get her on the 12th of feb. so i might pull the stuff from that to get the 79 running enough for msa