ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   feel stupid (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/feel-stupid-13046/)

Captain caveman 05-16-2005 02:13 AM

feel stupid

I just feel stupid after seeing a z like this
http://portland.craigslist.org/car/73557541.html
Awesome price and that cars condition look excellent

81 Black L28E 05-16-2005 04:39 AM

ahhh yes Red's twin brother bill ;)

Bleach 05-16-2005 08:08 AM

Ya, looks excellent. 1981 280ZX t-tops, runs and drives. $575

Ok, lets just guess on the condition of it here...

Its shiny and wet. So it has faded and oxidized paint that only looks good when wet. T-tops leak, carpet moldy, smelly interrior, riped up seats, cracked dash, tach doesn't work, odometer broken, no interrior lights, alternator won't charge, other electrical problems, automatic transmission doesn't shift into 1st gear sometimes, engine runs on 5-cyls, 273,000 miles and burns oil like crazy, rust all over car, passenger rear quarter panel hit.... blah, blah...

:D The less they tell you, the more there is to tell.

Carl's Z 05-16-2005 11:05 AM

Hind sight always plays a part here. Don't feel bad, I paid WAY too much for mine, also. Mainly because I was ignorant of the make/model. Gotta do with what you have and don't look back, right?! I was actually looking for a VW Bug when I found my 280ZX. Lucky me, eh?? :p

DynamicJ 05-17-2005 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Carl's Z
Hind sight always plays a part here. Don't feel bad, I paid WAY too much for mine, also. Mainly because I was ignorant of the make/model. Gotta do with what you have and don't look back, right?! I was actually looking for a VW Bug when I found my 280ZX. Lucky me, eh?? :p

hah yeah I would say so... I have a bug though (baja'd out) it's pretty fun. I sometimes feel like I overpaid for my ZX too... 3,000 $, but the previous owner gave me a spare L28E and 5 spd... both engines were CRAP... trannys were good, but that's all in the past ;)

Dorifto 05-17-2005 06:08 AM

Hahaha! I beat you all out! I only paid $free.fifty-free for my Zed sled ... :D

I think I underpaid, but the running total of the work she needs done balances that out nicely.

flightforlife07 05-17-2005 07:20 PM

wow I think I beat all of you I paid nothing for my first Z with a blown motor, rusty body and a welded together front end because it was wrecked most of the body was bondo and I'm putting a donor engine in someday. My second Z I bought for $200 with a good running engine, bad paint, good body panels and no interior. I'm waiting on a head thanks to mine cracking. And finally I got my third Z for free because a tree smashed the whole back of the car, the motor kinda runs (two cylinders) and thats my donor engine haha I've got a lot of work ahead. But its been said before there is nothing better than a free Z

xsciuga 05-17-2005 08:11 PM

I got a GREAT deal. I just bought it, 300$ 82 w/ digital gauges(Does anyone know about the little casette player w/ the lady that talks to you?), they all work, everything electrical works, no rust holes only surface, engine runs strong(for 270k) Black, 5spd w/ t tops..pretty good exterior..interior is SHOT. was missing a majority of interior panels, but picked them up at junk yard for 30bucks.

WildmaN 05-18-2005 04:40 AM

Sounds great man, a good price for all of that! :cool: And as for the talking lady. Mine says "lights are on" :rolleyes: When I have the door open, and or key in iginition with the lights on. Anyway there is a sound box under the dash that is hooked to the stock speakers. :) And then there is a black box, usually before the spare tire cover, and behind the passenger shock tower cover. Hope that helps, and good luck with your Z project! :D

Chewievette 05-18-2005 09:13 AM

I got mine for Free also, the engine and drivetrain are both pretty good, suspension is good but the brakes are a little soft and the clutch is a Lot soft, and of course the body is shot! All that totalled up I think I payed too much :rolleyes: But I'll live and of course I'm now almost a member of the z community ...I have to get it running before I really say I'm part of it.