ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   Digital Dash Issues (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/digital-dash-issues-31195/)

james.robin 09-08-2010 06:18 PM

Digital Dash Issues

I have an 83' 280ZX with a digital dash. The display on my dash is out. The problem was intermittent for a while, but now it won't come back on. I've swapped the gague pod with a spare and still nothing. Has anybody here had this problem? If anyone has a copy of the schematics, or knows of a fix, I would be forever in your debt. Also, if I can't fix this, does the analog dash plug in to my Z? This car has been in the family since 85' and I've been working on her since 94'.

Thanks,
James

FricFrac 09-08-2010 11:21 PM

I just swaped my Digital out for an analog and it's 1000000X better than the digital gauge. You need the pigtail that goes to the main harness and you'll have to pull the dash. Its a bit of a pain at first but it's not really a big deal.

borini63 09-09-2010 01:10 AM

Witch gauge is out or is it all out??
I had that problem before,it was my Temp gauge and I just cleaned the temp sensore conection located on the thermostat housing,worked fine after that.
You need to change the under dash harness to make analog cluster works.
I have a digital cluster in very good working condition though.
Jamal

james.robin 09-09-2010 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by borini63 (Post 284553)
Witch gauge is out or is it all out??
I had that problem before,it was my Temp gauge and I just cleaned the temp sensore conection located on the thermostat housing,worked fine after that.
You need to change the under dash harness to make analog cluster works.
I have a digital cluster in very good working condition though.
Jamal

All gauges are out, although my temp gauge has been a constant problem. I really need the schematics so I can troubleshoot. I want to keep the digital dash. Is your digital gauge pod for sale. The fuse on back of the main board for both of mine are blown and jumped.

WildmaN 09-09-2010 01:22 PM

^ Yes it is, as far as I know. I have seen the cluster first hand. And it is in awesome shape. As for the schematics, you may need the FSM for an '83. Or hopefully somebody else can help you more.

I have an '83 digital dash 280zx myself. But I believe everything still worked. The last time I checked it out.

ZguyECV 10-05-2010 10:13 PM

Having kinda the same issue

I have an 83 280zx with the ditigal cluster.. everything wrks fine sept the speedo doesnt wrk, and the fuel gauge clitches out sometimes.. I took it all out hoping it was the cable, but speedo cables are fine no kinks damge lube is good ect..I am new to Zs myself looking for some help..Thoughts and advice please!!

Rynbernsz 09-01-2015 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by james.robin (Post 284558)
All gauges are out, although my temp gauge has been a constant problem. I really need the schematics so I can troubleshoot. I want to keep the digital dash. Is your digital gauge pod for sale. The fuse on back of the main board for both of mine are blown and jumped.

Do you know where the fuse is located? I am having similar problems. My speedometer only shows 0, and the connection spins like it should. The odometer also does not work. Fuel gauge doesn't show. Temp gauge doesn't show. The only thing that work are the RPMs.

JayDV3 05-09-2016 01:04 PM

2 Q's about digital dash

First time posting!

1983 280zxt 2+2 5sp.

Thermostat problem - water temp pegs in 1 minute from cold start. Someone suggested a resistor problem? Can't find a replacement thermostat. Any work around ideas?

RPM and Speedo don't light up all the time. all other digi gauges light up fine (fuel, water temp but temp not accurate). Any suggestions?

I'm not the quickest with electricals, not sure if work arounds or replace digital dash. Would like to keep digital dash.

Thanx,
Jay