ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   Brights, don't stay on? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/brights-dont-stay-14957/)

duowing 09-25-2005 08:07 PM

Brights, don't stay on?

Alright here's something I can't quite figure out. When I'm driving and I try to use my brights, they don't seem to work correctly. I pull the blinker switch back towards me to turn the brights on, like how pretty much any car works, but when I release the switch the lights go back to the normal headlights. Is there something wrong, am I doing something wrong? Oh and what's the button on the switch. I know there is the little switch for the accel and resume, but there's a little button on the side of it. Anyway would something like this be easy to fix?

NismoPick 09-25-2005 08:27 PM

I just pulled an old steering collum switch from a box: ya pull it towards you to flash brights, push towards dash to stay on brights. The button on the inside of the headlights stick... to set cruse control.

jfairladyz 09-25-2005 08:36 PM

That's funny, I hear that question get asked a lot and even my brother asked me that after driving my Z. Yeah it's toward the dash to stay on like Nismo said. I never really thought about it before til I realized that alot of cars do pull toward you to turn the brights on, even my Protege. I just give it a flick to turn em off. Weird :rolleyes:

duowing 09-25-2005 09:07 PM

Man, thanks. I feel like a fool now. Like jfairladyz said, I'm used to just pulling it towards me, never thought of pushing it towards the dash, didn't even know they went that way.

Carl's Z 09-25-2005 09:13 PM

Wait til someone says "I pulled the light knob and the rear wiper came on"...LOL :D

duowing 09-25-2005 09:43 PM

We have a 95' Ford Club Wagon 12-Seater and that was how you turned the lights on, by pulling out the knob that would be the Z's rear wiper equivelant

jfairladyz 09-25-2005 09:55 PM

You know what took me a while to figure out (when I had it) was the brights on my 65 Mustang. This was my first experience with a car of this age and I just couldn't figure it out. I could get the lights ON but I just couldn't figure out how to work the brights. And it was really buggin me cause the lights on that thing weren't the brightest. So finally one day I'm under the dash trouble shooting a no start problem when I notice this button on the floor. Couldn't figure out what it was for. So I asked my brother. He said it was the dimmer for the lights. DUH. So that night, after finally getting her to start (had to jump the starting solenoid) I took her out and when I hit the bright's switch on the floor.........the lights got dimmer. Ooh, I was dissapointed. Turns out my crappy headlights were my brights. I went out the next day and got some new headlights and my lighting woe's were finished. Just a little lighting mishap while were on the subject :D