280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Bob Sharp 280zx model, and 3 others sealed

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:03 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Bob Sharp 280zx model, and 3 others sealed

I just scored this morning on 4 sealed model kits on E-bay. I couldn't resist. Especially considering the 280zx Bob Sharp Paul Newman racing special. And I gt them at a good price too. Not trying to brag, I am just sharing my joy a little.

click here for special
Old 01-04-2006, 12:00 PM
The Good Twin

Good score homie!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Doesn't post much...

Very nice! What a great find that was. Good work WildmaN.

Rod.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks guys, and I do plan on keeping at least the Bob Sharp 280zx sealed. I will get another one loose maybe later on. I also think the Vette is pretty tight. Of course I am sucker for those long-nosed Vettes. I have always liked them, and some day would love to own one. Anyway I just thought it would be cool, to have that one sealed, because it would definately grow in value. And look great with my Z collection.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:44 PM

I love the way those vettes look too. I had a chance to score one for free once. My ex girlfriends mom used to collect old cars and she had a few acres with nothing but older cars. Well sitting right in the middle was a beautiful silver one. Flawless body and interior. But it didnt run. She hadnt been able to get that car running in the 5 or 6 year she said she had it and had given up on it. Plus she didn't drive it anymore. She said if I could get it and a couple other of her cars running I could keep it I jumped on that. I got one of the cars running then my ex went psycho and I had to dump her. That was one of the hardest decisions of my life. I tried to postpone it as long as possible so I could those cars running but I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave Oh well, I still had the Z
Old 01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Big Poppa

I JUST GOT MY BOB SHARP ONE OFF EBAY YESTERDAY. IT IS SEALED AS WELL. I GUESS PEOPLE ARE JUST KEEPING THEM AS COLLECTABLES, IM BUILDING THE REAL CAR, SO MY DILEMMA IS TO BUILD OR NOT TO BUILD. BEING THAT I NEED REFERANCE INFO, I MIGHT BUILD IT. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. NICE STEAL WILDMAN, MY BOB SHARP ALONE COST 20 BUCKS. AND IM THE IDIOT WHO PAID IT
Old 01-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Is the model really accurate?? Colors, pieces, etc, etc. Then build it or at least open it, see if they have an exploded view or something. And I don't think it's dumb to buy things that you want or need, even if they are toy models!!
Good luck bro.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:36 PM

Oh yeah, it would be cool to have the model of your car, you know, events and cruises and stuff
Old 01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Big Poppa

Actually I Built A Replica Of My Avatar Pic (daily Driver) For When I Go To Shows. It Says Its Accurate, And Has All The Decals. I Might Build It. I Post Pics When I Am Done. And My Real Bob Sharp Car Will Be Raced For Real. Not Just A Trailer Queen. After All It Is Just A Replica
Old 01-04-2006, 11:07 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Don't build it, just use the instruction photo's to get the decals in the right places and you have the box, so the exterior paint should be no problem.

Do you really want to drive around in a car with a massive roll cage and no carpet or insulation?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Electramotive 280ZX GT-2 race car when it sold...

Well, at least it saved me $20k!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 AM

You can buy yourself something nice with that little chunk of change. Like an engine for that 72 rolling chassis Or pay off that shop to get your car out a little sooner
Old 01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Big Poppa

Im Not Going To Drive It On The Road. Strictly Racetrack. The Only Problems With Using The Box And Other Info I Have Collected, It Doesnt Show All Of The Stuff I Need. The Best I Got Is The Road And Track From Zhome.com, That And The Info Skully Has Found. And I Cant Just Open The Box And Look At The Decals Because It Is In Its Org. Shrink Wrap.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 PM

You know I've got Bob Sharps race car in my garage if you want to borrow it for reference
Old 01-05-2006, 07:38 PM

I'd be seriously thinking about building those, but that's me...
Old 01-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Big Poppa

what is it the little slot car, approx HO scale there j
Old 01-05-2006, 10:43 PM

Yeah I couldn't leave em in the box. I mean seriously, whats the point? Odds are in 20 years they'll either be worth a couple bucks more or a couple bucks less. But nothing worth looking forward to. And if you build it atleast then you can see it in all it's glory. But if it just sits in the box then what good is that? Unless of course you've got a 2 year old terrorizing the house and inevitably it will be destroyed not 30sec after the box is opened. Then I understand. But I've never understood the whole "dont open it thing" It's not like you can cash it in to pay for a childs college fund And how can you trully appreciate it while it's in the box? Build it and stick it up somewhere where it can't be damaged and dust it periodically. But hey, thats just me. I used to collect hotwheels and I would never open any of them. I had hundereds of those things (most are still in storage back at my moms house). Then my son turned 2 and started being interested in toy cars. I would never let him open any of them. Then one day I actually thought about it and realized "whats the point, there isn't one" They're only depreciating in value (except for the treasure hunts which I still keep tucked away ). So one day I took all my boxes of hotwheels and just let my son go to town. Now he's probably got the worlds biggest hotwheels collection and he's only 2 (3 in two days ). As hard as it was to move away from that "dont open it" phase, I realized it was pointless.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
what is it the little slot car, approx HO scale there j
Yeah, I just realized I don't have a garage so it must of been a museum or something that the car was stored in And to think, all this time I thought I had Bob Sharps car sitting in a garage I don't even have. Who knew
Old 01-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Big Poppa

Soon I Will Have A Full Sized One, And A Miniature.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Big Poppa

Hey Guys I Opened The Model Box. It Is Really Not Worth It If Your Not A Model Builder. (luckily I Am) The Decals Dont Include The Red Or Blue Paint Scheme At All, The Car Has No Roll Bar, And It Has The Wrong Wheels, There Ones Like My Car Has, Whatever There Called. Ill Post Pics Of The Stuff When I Shrink Them To Fit Next Post.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Big Poppa

OKAY LETS SEE SOME PICS, THIS IS FOR WILDMAN WHO HAS AN UNOPENED ONE AND ALL OTHER WHO ARE CURIOUS[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Big Poppa

AND MORE[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-08-2006, 02:33 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Man that is a dissppointment, I thought it would be more easier and more detailed. Oh well, I wasn't planning on opening it anyway. It will go with my Z display I have started. I mean I have models, that are sealed that I haven't built. One being the General Lee by Ert, that has the rebel flags in the pics on the box. It is rare as far as I know, I got lucky when I found it. Anyway thanks for the pics bro', it was nothing like I thought it was.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Big Poppa

My Brother Has That General Lee, He Built It, It Actually Comes With The Flags And Stuff. Not That Rare Of A Model Here In Canada. Every Wal-mart Has It.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:50 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well what I mean is, the flags are in every box, to put on the car itself. It is the pics on the outside of the box. I have only seen one, and I own it now. The common ones in the pics don't have any flags, opposed to supposed rare one which does. But maybe up there, they aren't as picky, and dig into the past like they do here. You know The Civil war times? Anyway that is cool man, and I do believe you about your brother building one. Just down here in my state anyway, I could only find the plain ones as I call them, instead of the loud ones.

Quick Reply: Bob Sharp 280zx model, and 3 others sealed