ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-performance-technical-79/)
-   -   turbo a non turbo 280zx (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-performance-technical-79/turbo-non-turbo-280zx-10042/)

Skully 11-25-2004 09:37 PM

10 and up psi.
you could but you need better injectors because at that boost youll run lean...which = KABOOM!

and for vegaz, did you just do this for the hell of it or you actualy tried building a motor...nevertheless you shoulda been more cautious...im building mine up and i want EVERYTHING to prevent detonation...its gonna cost but i cant afford to blow all my work and money up when its done!

Fredrik 11-26-2004 03:44 AM

:woohoo: :spot: :headspin: There´s a million ways to go if you want to go fron NA to turbo. Now you know one that doesn´t work :p

lww 12-10-2004 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dorifto
Doesn't that seem a bit harsh ... ?
Again - ouch.
~SLAP!~ I'll bet he'll feel that one in the morning ...

I don't think he needs to be told that he's an idiot with those unnecessary remarks. To be completely honest, I'd be pretty pissed if someone started spouting off to me like that.

Yup, you're right, I was probably a little more harsh than was necessary. I did fail to use emoticons (because I hate them) to lighten the blow/mood. But, I do appreciate it when someone corrects one of my mistakes so I'm wiser next time.

I may have only 11 posts on this board, but I've been building Z's since I was SCCA Club Racing them back in the '80's. I was originally member #250(ish) on the IZCC. Although, I did take about a 10 year hiatus and have just jumped back into things with mucho gusto!

P.S.
It's up to 25psi now! ;)

Dorifto 12-11-2004 02:31 PM

Now I feel like a dumbass for spouting off like that ... If I had ANY idea of what tuning experience you had, I probably wouldn't have gone to that extreme. But let's put that behind us, eh? We've started off on the wrong foot ...
It's good to jump back in with some gusto - I simply thought you were one of those annoying kids that thinks he knows everything, yet can't change his oil ... obviously this isn't the case. I'll admit I was quite harsh as well, and shouldn't have been - for that I apologize.

And 25 pounds - I bow to that!

So what'dya say - the worst is over, now let's party! I'm curious as to what you've done in the process of exercising 25 pounds out of your L28 as well.

lww 12-13-2004 03:27 PM

No dumbassedness feelings necessary. You saw what looked like an uneducated attack and you jumped in to defend.

If we had more people like that, there'd be a lot less crime in this world!

I have a 2 post lift in my garage, so the oil changes are pretty easy! Hehehe...

No offense taken.

"I'm curious as to what you've done in the process of exercising 25 pounds out of your L28 as well."

Think big efficient intercooler with as little IC plumbing and bends as possible. Although, I'll be messing with that in a little bit to hopefully improve the intake charge. I'll have to add a couple of 90deg. bends to make it happen though.

P.S.
This car was running 22psi back in 1985...

On the road to 30psi!