280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/F Gauge

Old 07-23-2017, 03:45 AM

A/F Gauge

Ive been looking at installing a A/F meter, Looks like Wide Band are a heated O2 Sensor. Where does it get the power to run the heater ?

I guess they have a controller, would the power come from that.

Does anyone know of a model that works good.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:20 AM

I am using AEM, but innovative is another well established brand, either works just fine. With my AEM, I just had to wire in the controller to a 12v source and it takes care of the heater too.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:46 PM

Thanks

Thanks, Thought it would have to come from controller, but when you havent dealt with these things before, I was only guessing.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:40 AM

Yeah for sure, sometimes its not bad to look up installation instructions and see how it goes together. I do this often when I am planning on buying something, just to make sure its going to work out the way I want it to.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:47 PM

I just bought a set of CV axles new.....The FSM basically says unbolt, tear them out, install new ones, I believe 1 paragraph.

Guess I will see how that goes. Fun,Fun.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DREAMYZ
I just bought a set of CV axles new.....The FSM basically says unbolt, tear them out, install new ones, I believe 1 paragraph.

Guess I will see how that goes. Fun,Fun.
Hahah for some stuff there is no such thing as , unbolt, put in new parts. With rust and stuff seizing its sometimes a nightmare ! Good luck, let us know how it works out!

They also say to just pull out the spindle pins by hand, yet everyone needs a 100 tonne press to get them out
Old 07-31-2017, 03:10 PM

Is that CV axles your talking about, what Im reading, there is 4 bolts on the tire side, the CV is basically flat on that side, drop down that side, unbolt the Diff side, wedge something in there and pull apart, it unsnaps from a round retainer clip on the spline, pull it out, replace seal, put new spline into hole, turn until it finds the right spot, and it pops back into place, lift up the other side and re bolt. It really does seem to easy dosent it.
This is a CV or as they call it in the FSM a Tri Pod, not the normal one.
But I havent seen anything easy yet, thankfully this is a Tx / Fl car no, salt damage.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by DREAMYZ
Is that CV axles your talking about, what Im reading, there is 4 bolts on the tire side, the CV is basically flat on that side, drop down that side, unbolt the Diff side, wedge something in there and pull apart, it unsnaps from a round retainer clip on the spline, pull it out, replace seal, put new spline into hole, turn until it finds the right spot, and it pops back into place, lift up the other side and re bolt. It really does seem to easy dosent it.
This is a CV or as they call it in the FSM a Tri Pod, not the normal one.
But I havent seen anything easy yet, thankfully this is a Tx / Fl car no, salt damage.
Ah sorry no, for the s30, I forgot 280zx is a subframe.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Your probably right Skully, looked up videos of people pulling CV axles, didnt look good.

Watch my nephew pull CVs out of his front wheel car, he just pulled them right out, no trouble at all. But mine have been in there for many,many years, there is no problem except for ripped boots, got it that way. Why Me.