ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-81/)
-   -   rear suspension trouble on my zx (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-81/rear-suspension-trouble-my-zx-21006/)

Jason C. 12-02-2006 09:57 PM

rear suspension trouble on my zx

when i put my car into reverse my rear tires lean out like this \\ // when i put my car into drive my tires lean in like this // \\ and if i try to drive it the whole car sways back and forth almost out of control and goin down the road you can hear the tires squieling because their not rolling smoothly.
i have new struts and springs on all 4 corners, but i haven't put new bushings on yet, do you ya think that will solve this or do i have a serious problem. any advise would be helpful

NismoPick 12-02-2006 10:17 PM

Get under the car & make sure everything is tight (when it's secured on jack stands that is). Also make sure your lug nuts are tight. :D

Jason C. 12-03-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Get under the car & make sure everything is tight (when it's secured on jack stands that is). Also make sure your lug nuts are tight. :D

everything seems to be tight, i even took it to a mechanic and he said there was nothing loose or bent under there and just to drive it like it was. he said when z cars get old the tires just lean like that, so i drove it about a week and it wore my tires all the way down to the steel belts.

Bleach 12-03-2006 12:14 PM

does the back of your car lift and drop a lot when you go forward and back? I would assume that's what you mean. Then with the extreme height changes the camber is being affected.

If that's all its doing, then you need tighter springs or the shocks you put in (new) were already bad.

SHADY280 12-03-2006 12:26 PM

id say the rear brakes are locked on, or the ebrake is, can cause similar results, or the rust monster got to the rear floor and the diff mount is pooched.

Jason C. 12-03-2006 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
does the back of your car lift and drop a lot when you go forward and back? I would assume that's what you mean. Then with the extreme height changes the camber is being affected.

If that's all its doing, then you need tighter springs or the shocks you put in (new) were already bad.

the springs are super stiff i can barely push the car down,but it is moving up and down goin from reverse to drive.

Jason C. 12-03-2006 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
id say the rear brakes are locked on, or the ebrake is, can cause similar results, or the rust monster got to the rear floor and the diff mount is pooched.

i'm not sure about the brakes the rotors are all new, but not the calipers.the diff mount is new. the floor does look pretty bad, it looks like someone put the jack in the wrong spot and caved the floor in a bit. but it looks like if that caused the camber to change, it would stay that way all the time and not move around depending on the gear your in.