ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/)
-   -   spare tyre (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/spare-tyre-6437/)

timmy 07-20-2003 07:12 AM

spare tyre

i was just wondering if any1 had a full sized spare tyre in their Z. i have heard they had a space saving spare but they are apparently hard to find i would just have another tyre in the back but this would mean losing the space for the targa top. so far i have just not worried about it but i think it would be good to have something there. does any1 hav a solution for this? know where to get one of those little spares or a way to fit a tyre and the targa top in the car? I spose its just the price u pay for a having a sic car :D anyway not too phased, just thinking

SteveGee 08-01-2003 02:53 AM

Spare wheel

Hi, Yes I have a 1982 series 2 ZX 2+2 with a spare wheel centre of rear section. It uses the same screw down clamp that secures the get home spare to the RHS of the wheel well. The spare fills up the rear section and sits directly on top of the fuel tank attached to a special thredded bracket and the security blind just clears the top of a 215 60 series tyre. It renders the tie down straps u/s and has a zipped up colour matched cover which is a PIA as you have to put it in first, then insert the spare (no mean task) and then zip it up all the way around like a suitcase. I also keep a spare 14 inch Bridgestone emergency deflated spare in the wheel well just in case. As a matter of interest I have two original Black metal 4 stud wheels with original unused Bridgestone 14 inch deflatables and the bag of metal wheel nuts, these came from a 1980 series one and an 82 series 2. But also from a Hardtop 1979 I have an original alloy emergency wheel complete with deflating valve. I have never found the so called emergency battery operated compressor, Nissan supplied but have seen references to pressure pack inflating cans which I am told destroy the inside of the tyre with lots of gum and goo. If anyone in Australia wants to buys an emergency spare I am willing. I also have a set of 15 inch alloys someone fitted to a series 2.

timmy 08-02-2003 01:38 AM

yeah mate I'm keen. i don't spose ur in SE Queensland tho. that'd be too convieniant for me. if u could email me with a price or something that'd be great. thanks for the reply:)

SteveGee 08-02-2003 03:37 PM

Wheels

Him Tim. Your email wont accept a reply. Do you want the 15 inch Z wheels or a spare? The wheels are $50 each incl nuts. They could go in the post. if you wanted the tyres as well $100 each wheel and tyre. The tyres are 215 65 15's H rated brand new but not a known brand. My email should work. electronics@ansonic.com.au
regards

SteveGee 08-02-2003 03:47 PM

Tim me again, re reading your first post, I guess you are looking for a deflatable spare wheel. I have a new unused METAL with a set of nuts and unused Bridgestone 14 inch tyre. I think I will keep my Alloy one unless you really want it. The metal with tyre will be $50 the alloy with tyre $100. Nuts included in either purchase. The metal rims are new, I dont think they have ever used. I can take a digital photo. There is a yellow sticker telling how to use it. it has an inflation valve and a deflating valve. You will need a compressor or a tin of compressed air. I dont think the wheel fits in the well when it is inflated. The tyre is unusual a bit like a concertina on the side wall so it deflates down to near the size of the rim and is clamped in front of the car jack using a flat plate and a large screw/bolt.