ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/)
-   -   Rear windshield louvers (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/rear-windshield-louvers-10514/)

team caffeine 10-05-2004 07:09 PM

Rear windshield louvers

What do you guys think about them? Anyone have em on their Z? I don't think I really like them, very.... 80's. My 280zx had them, but they were heavy and killed the hatch shocks so I got rid of em. The holes are still there though :(

When I picked up my parts car this weekend, it came with a set of louvers. They came off of the car and the owner had bondoed over the holes. They had them laying around and asked if I wanted them. I can't turn down free stuff, so now I have louvers again, hehe. They wouldn't fit in the trunk, so I had to reattach them to my car for transport.

Just curious what your thoughts were on them!

Skully 10-05-2004 07:39 PM

i was gonna get em all around even the lil windows...but then i decided to get the body kit n wing n all that so it wouldnt look good..
i think they look good on earlier Z's cuz it adds taht muscly look to it...reminds me of a domestic muscle car...but on a 280zx it does look weird from diff angles... :)

Heat Rave R 10-06-2004 02:28 AM

I kinda like them. After seeing them on so many Z's on the road over the years, I've kinda come to accept it as a common "look" for the Z. Sure, it's pretty 80's or 70's, but isn't that retro look part of the appeal of the old Z's? At the very least, they help keep people from seeing what you got in the trunk. I dunno how well they look on a ZX with a body kit though.

Bleach 10-06-2004 08:07 AM

Well, on the 2+2 280zx, if you take the louvers off, the glass angle is just right that most any sunny day your rear window will turn into a mirror. So when you look in your rear view mirror all you see is the hatch area. Thats mainly what those louvers are for, I think. To prevent glare.

I will be removing mine anyway for a more clean look. I'll tint the rear window and hope that helps a bit. As for the look, its old school, and I'm gona try to clean up my car for a more modern look so the louvers are going away.

DominicBox 10-09-2004 01:49 PM

Hey I just got my 280ZX A couple of weeks ago and the louvers were attached to it My cars in really good condition and i think the louvers look cool on it right now, but what I was wondering was I saw several of you talking about them looking bad with body kits and I have been looking to purchase a body kit for my Z and I cant seem to find one any ideas on where I can go to look at some?

team caffeine 10-09-2004 03:54 PM

try www.zcarparts.com, victoria british, and something with arizona in the name, heh.

duckyz 10-10-2004 07:56 PM

I got rid of mine....they were faded and rattled way too much for my nerves to handle.