ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/)
-   -   1980 zx 10th AE Fender Emblems (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/1980-zx-10th-ae-fender-emblems-8163/)

jpmitchfam 01-13-2004 09:33 AM

1980 zx 10th AE Fender Emblems

Anyone know where i can find the limited edition fender emblems that came on the 10th Anniversary edition 290ZX? I am repainting mine and cant locate them anywhere.

billyzx80ae 01-20-2004 09:42 PM

Re: 10th, AE, parts.

Good evening,

I got my new emlbems from "Motorsports Auto" in Orange CA.
www.zcarparts.com
(800) 633-6331 or (714) 639-2620.

Parts are not too expensive. You can get the gold or chrome one.

The 10th A. E. had GOLD not chrome ones. Also you can get the 10th AE stickers too which go the back hatch and the two front fenders.

I'm painting 1980 10th AE, GOld/Black. I did not take enough pic's on the car. Since my painter died during the paint job. He stripped the car and the second painter did not have the measurements for the car. Luckly I took pic's and I got help from other 10th AE owners.

The car got four coats of clear on top of the paint. I went with paint strips instill of vineale tape. The paint looks better then the tape "Gold stripe. I made the right choice.
Good Luck,
Billy

jpmitchfam 01-21-2004 08:20 AM

More info

Thanks for the response to the emblems that will help, I tried motorsport for the emblems but what i am looking for is the special sticker that went on the fenders, motorsport has the gold wreath type but im rebuilding the gold/black edition and it needs the black ones, motorsport does not have them and they have been discontinued, and i cannot find them anywhere. thanks

billyzx80ae 01-23-2004 08:24 PM

You can try Victoria British Motors out of Canada.

2. Try a sticker local shop which can make you some new ones which I know can be made. will not be cheap.

3. Try your local Nissan dealer.

4. keep looking at ebay someone will have.

5. Total restoration in LA, CA.
I'll look around for some,
later
Billy

billyzx80ae 01-23-2004 08:27 PM

Forgot to tell you,

To buy a gold one for one fender and have it made in black.

Also the hatch is bigger then the two on fenders. May want to buy a gold one for the hatch and have it made in black or wait and see if you get get some ebay or Z sites.
Billy

princesszx1980 01-28-2004 12:01 AM

emblems for the 280zx

You could call victoria british located in KS the number is 1-800-255-0088:)

jpmitchfam 01-28-2004 11:36 AM

Called them all

I think your right im going to have to have them remanufactured by a decal shop or something, Called Victoria and Motorsport without any luck, I did pick up a gold emblem for an example. thanks for the help.

billyzx80ae 01-28-2004 09:57 PM

Just a thought;

I had my black & Gold stripes painted on my 10th AE, BLK/Gold 280zx this month in place of the tape which was used in 1980. Also, the gold stripe on the hood was painted. The car looks great.

Also another owner of (TWO CARS) 10th AE blk/gold's used tape on one and paint on the other and he said the painted one looks 100% better. He also went to car show; a painted car won even though it had painted stripes vs a tape one. It's cames to how good of a job the painter does.

Being you can get the gold one's from Motorsports. Why not buy the Gold one's for the correct measurement & size and have your painter air brush the wealths in black on your car.

They will look 100% better then the orginal ones. I have the part numbers on these and I will put them this week here for you to check with Nissan.

Let me know what you think of painting them on ?
Good Luck
Billy

princesszx1980 01-31-2004 08:28 AM

hello I was in a used auto parts yard looking for some parts for my z and i did see a 10th anniversary emblem on a car. when I go back this week I'll see if I can get it for you ok:)

billyzx80ae 02-02-2004 09:33 PM

Re: Nissan part numbers for 10th AE BLK stickers.

Hi
The stickers for the 10th AE for a gold & Black 280zx are the following. I have set for my car which I'm painting now. The fender one's are $26.00 each and the hatch which smaller is about $14.00 from Nissan. These part numbers are good as I got mine.

Ask your local Nissan dealer to do a national data base search and you should come up with your set.

1. Fender labels need (2) 63805-P8101.

2. The hatch label need (1) 90890-P8101.

I was told that these are good nissan numbers as of last week. I ordered one more set for me. There is still some out there.
Good Luck,
Billy

Fredrik 02-03-2004 04:19 AM

I saw some on E-bay a few days ago but I canīt find them now:(

jpmitchfam 02-03-2004 04:31 AM

Billyzx

Thank you, Thank you, I did as you suggested and requested through a Nissan dealership with the part number you gave me and they will be shipped in a few days. I also ordered the original stripe kit part number 99990-00917. it was a little pricey but im trying to restore to stock. thanks again JP

billyzx80ae 02-10-2004 10:18 PM

Re: Good to see you got them.

JP,

Did you get your stickers?

mine are ready for pu at Nissan.
Thanks for the stripe kit.
Billy

jpmitchfam 02-11-2004 03:54 PM

still waiting

I got an e mail response back from the company i purchased the stickers from and they said they will be here shortly around the 16th, its going to be a while before i actually put them on, the car is completely gutted, ground up. right now im working the rear end,
I already replaced the smaller rear end and replaced all the rear bushings, shocks, brakes, rotors, rebuilt the brake cylinders and so on, thats just the rear end and im already broke, next im moving on to the front end, and not looking foreward to what thats going to cost me.
I already found out that the engine that was in the car when i bought it was not the original engine, its amazing what you learn about the Z when something stumps you, when i started rebuilding the engine i discovered that the dished pistons that were in the block were actually for a turbo model, the correct pistons for my engine are flat top and the head had square exhaust ports, upon further review i found out that this was also for a turbo vehicle with the P90 head, Why would someone put a turbo engine in a vehicle without the Turbo? so a few trips to the junk yard and a couple of donor engins i think i have everything i need to start the build up, good luck on yours.
JP

billyzx80ae 02-17-2004 09:43 PM

Re: Good Luck with your rebuild!

If you ever buy a car again. Do your homework on the VIN #'s of the car, engine so that you get a matched orginal engine.
1. log on web sites of the car you are looking for for what codes, and the places of where they are.

2. Go to a libary or bookstore and there is books on the VIN #.

JP you have to do the homework don't expect the seller to tell you the turth. Some sellers are truthful as I got my 10th AE, from the orginal owner with the full documention of the car. I paid $4,000 for mine (March 2003) with the engine & trans rebuilt as she decided not complete the resortation of the car. I have paid $
2,000.00 for miscellanous parts and repairs. $6,500.00 for the paint job and I'm paying $2,000.00 for the interior. Plus $400.00 for tires. It's not cheap I agree. It should be done within the next two weeks. I still need my visor's done too! how much? I'll know when they look at them.
Full documented car means this to me:
1. The windowe sticker
2. All the recorders of all the oil changes & repairs.
3. The purchase contract.
4. 23 yrs. regirstrations.
5. The letter from the dealer thanking her for the purchase of Z.
take your time and don't quit and if you need help post it here and I'll give you advise if I cant as others have the the same for me the past year.
Billy