240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

Welcome mat

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Welcome mat

Hi - Im a new member from NW New Mexico. I rescued an excellent condition 1978 280Z about 30 days ago. With 60K miles and a great body, I've been ringing out the engine and found very little issues needing attention and will now look hard at the driveline.

I've been lurking for 30 days and now have something to contribute. A week ago my A-C charge fell too low to cool and I noticed alot of hot air at the shifter. When I looked through the shifter boot I could see the road.

I purchased the inner boot from Motorsport and removed the console to repair it. I found mice had entered the car through the torn up boot.

Keep 'em between the lines!

Last edited by turbopuppy; 07-08-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I have a present for you...

Nice find and welcome! You should check for mouse poo in the spare tire well and get some rodent bait. I found about a coffe can size stash of dog food in my wife's air cleaner box. A friend of mine had to have the dash harness replaced on his new pick up ($800). Last week I had to pull the manifold oof my daughters car to fix an injector wire that was chewed through. Constant war out here in the country.