ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   URGENT!!!!! PAINT HELP (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/urgent-paint-help-2344/)

z432 06-20-2002 05:56 PM

URGENT!!!!! PAINT HELP

Hi
My car is finally ready for paint after two years of body work.
I have decided to paint it the original colour. I have narrowed it down to these two options.
Red 905
orange 918
The colour on my car is a blend between orange and red
like a red tangerine. The PO removed the paint sticker on the rad support so I have no references. If you guys have seen either of these colours can you please point me in the right direction. I have until next tuesday to find the right colour, so I am in a bind.
BTW It was badly repainted by the PO ( paint roller) so my pics in the rides page are a red and can not be used as a reference
Thanks for any help,
Ahmed.

IT'S ZED NOT ZEE GOD----DAMIT!!!!

AlansZ 06-20-2002 07:54 PM

Re: URGENT!!!!! PAINT HELP

www.zhome.com has alot of info on paints, I think it also describes the colours, i THINK that the orange had alot of red to it, but that is from memory of reading the page.

Alan, Australia

zstone 06-21-2002 11:02 PM

We'll ive seen the original orange, and I personaly dont like it. It's not very pleasing to the eye, but everyones different. I owned a red Z but i dont think it was the original color. ... what color is the interior. that's realy what you want to go for. i think if you paint the car a color you think compliments the interior you'll be allot happier than if you paint it the original color ... again just my opinion.

Zstone

AlansZ 06-22-2002 12:00 AM

Also, if you look inside under some trim, or behind the door trim, you will see the original colour, and it probably won't be faded. It might have been the red was more of an orange colour, and the orange was more of a mustard yellow colour. Check out Zhome.com

Alan, Australia

BoulderZ 06-24-2002 11:27 AM

I'd agree on the non-orange preference, but that, too, is just my opinion. I know Australia has a huge variety of climates, but if where you are happens to be like my home (Colorado), with 330 plus days of intense high-alt. sun per year, a red car can be a real pain. I have two other cars which are red, and I've found keeping them clean, waxed, and non-fading is nearly a full-time chore. Almost as much work as black paint. Of course, if your climate is more paint friendly, than maybe that's not a consideration at all. Just my opinion. Congratulations on finishing the body work!
Dave

z432 06-24-2002 08:03 PM

Thanks, Dave.
I just finished priming today, and will be spending all of tomorrow sanding the primer out. I am in Toronto so we only get the blazing hot temperatures for about three weeks out of the year, and my garage is in the basement, cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I hope to be painting on wednesday. Can you say Glasurit 55 Line.
I'm going with the orange, with gun metal hood, and tail light surrounds.
Ahmed

IT'S ZED NOT ZEE GOD----DAMIT!!!!