ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   tripple webeer carbs (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/tripple-webeer-carbs-5044/)

zipper 04-02-2003 10:42 PM

tripple webeer carbs

my car is so screwed up . i have tripple webber set on it and they are giveing me a head acke .my car has lost all power still runs but like crap . the carbs make a spitting noise and pops back fires and if i instale new spark plugs and run it down the road and back the plugs are compleatly black and they smell like gas
my car is a 72 240z with a 5 speed tranny msd ignition system split fire pulgs /and tribble webber carbs .

thanks Zipper

and the fumes are so bad you might pass out on a 20 mile drive

MistressMotorsp 04-02-2003 11:28 PM

Couple things to think about: First, are all 6 plugs black? If so, you most likely just have a huge rich condition due to jetting. You'll need to get some different jets. If only one or some of the plugs are black, then you may have a carb that needs rebuilding and maybe has an internal fuel leak somewhere. I would assume the black plugs correspond with the same cylinders that are sputtering. Is this true? Are these carbs new, or just new to this motor, or have they been on the car for a while. If they were running well on your car until recently, then I would look somewhere else besides carbs since all the carbs probably didn't take a crap at the same time. Try to provide some more info, and we probably can help. Do you know what kind of Webers and can you let us know how big your engine is and if it's modded?

Mike

zipper 04-02-2003 11:49 PM

tripple webber

ok yes all the plugs are back and smell like gas . it all started when i let my grandfather use the car and i got it back it was all messed up so it all happened at once . im getting about 7miles per gallon. the carbs are about 2 or 3 years old . im going to have to get back on the motor size and webber carb type

think he did a lilttle untuneing on thim but he ment well
thanks Zipper

Bleach 04-03-2003 10:29 AM

...its not as simple as him messing with the choke, right? :cool:

zipper 04-03-2003 01:25 PM

weber carbs

no he twisted alot of the tuning knobs .
ok this is information on webber type and motor

weber carbs
no ... 176 7
tipo - O DCOE 151
side draft with a TWM manifold
K/n filters

motor all i could tell was that it is a nissan -OHC printed on the top

i have a 3 inch exhaust system with a turbo exhaust tip not to sure about the header

MSD multible spark discharge ----MSD 6A
7mm plug wires split fire plugs

i have a the cam kit part number 10-2003 from motorsport grind 17034 lift .460 duratoin 270/280 ..not instaled but would hopefully get my car running good before i do it

GeorgeOZC 04-04-2003 08:54 AM

Hi,
I have a 73-240....but with a 280 block, a cam, and 40-DCOE triple webers. Been playing with them for over 25yrs....and reasonably good at tuning them. Much harder when the car is 1200mi awy tho.

Things that need to be confirmed real quick: 1 - Do you have a choke (cold starting system actually) cable installed and are any of those choke levers OPEN on the carbs? *this would start and run great, but blacken your plugs before you got down the street much).

2- Take another look at those carbs, the model/type should be closer to something like what I noted, and the first number (40, 45, 50 etc) is an important size consideration.

3- You'll have 6 (six) idle mixture screws...which are likely out of whack?
Those need to be checked, and closed and turned out like 1 turn or so to start with (depending on size of internal idle jets) to get a smooth (leaner) idle. Hard to do over the net, but gotta get the idles right first. Basically, the screws are sensitive, so a setting just a little more open than where it starts to stumble or slow down at idle is about right (engine warm).

4-If the plugs are black....tuning is a bitch. Lots of spare new plugs on hand.

I hope there is someone near you with weber experience who can lend a hands-on look and maybe help out?

zipper 04-04-2003 12:00 PM

weber carbs

i do have a choke on it hmmm better see if that thing is stuck or something ...1200 miles huu i ship it to you so you can fix it thin fly ther and drive it back ... hahaha not realy as for looking for the size of the carb ??? i posted everything it said on it ... i dont know alot about the car as you can probley tell from my post .. i bought it with the webers on it .. the guy i bought it from said they wher new and showed mr a recept is you would like to email me and give me some pointers that would be awsome ..

jen15151@cs.com

or i can give you my phone # call collect for help

ive tryed to take it to shops but man they try to F$# @ you over if i dont get it running soon im going to sell it ill post it here before anywher else .... with performance cams uninstaled and a parts car ,,,,
thanks Zipper