ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   Are the triple webers worth it? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/triple-webers-worth-574/)

AV240Z 07-16-2001 04:58 PM

Are the triple webers worth it?

Are the triple webers worth the money?
My 240 has a 2.8 F 54 with a N47 head ,ported and polished runners ,Schneider cam ,10/1 compression,6to1 headers,electronic ignition,HKS flywheel.
The car feels lite and fast ...But I am just wondering if changing from weber down draft to side draft triple, would improve the over all performance?

Adrian V.

kalford897 08-03-2001 11:32 PM

Re: Are the triple webers worth it?

i dont know but i hear they are great. i converted mine over to the 4 barrel carb and stayed with the straight 6. Im still building mine so i havent ran it yet. i cant seem to get anyones oppinion on the four barrel carb performance.

nozed 08-04-2001 09:52 PM

Yes, triple webers will definatly imporve your preformance, provided that you can get them tuned properly. These carbs require lots of matenance and need to be balanced almost every other week (not a bad idea if you love to work on and tinker with your car), but it all depends on what your building you car for, if your just going to close the hood and drive it around town then these carbs are not for you. By that same token however if you do alot of highway driving, racing, and regularly have the engine above the 4000RMP mark then it's the best thing you can possibly do for your car.
hope that helps

AV240Z 08-05-2001 03:49 PM

Thanks for the information...do you know if there is any diference in performance between mikuni and webers?

Adrian V.

nozed 08-05-2001 08:37 PM

As far as reliability and performance goes their pretty much the same, but there are alot more parts aviailable for the webers.

zphreak 08-09-2001 06:19 PM

I had Webers and yes you do have to tune them "AT LEAST EVERY OTHER WEEK". I was tuning them every weekend. I found a set of Triple Mikunis and they are so much better. I recommend you try to find Mikunis before you buy the Webers. The Mikunis cost a bit more but are well worth it.
-Zphreak

omurray 08-14-2001 08:09 AM

I ran Webers and Solex/Mikunis when I was in Japan on the same engine, at different times. When properly jetted, tuned and in a "constant" temperature and humidity, the Webers were rock solid. As soon as it got cold and clammy, espacially at night in the fall, the damn things would spit and bog down. I switched back to my old Solex/Mikunis and they performed just great. If you live in Southern Ca, Arizona or someplace that has a fairly constsnt climate, I would go Weber. I tried them again when I lived in San diego and only had a slight problem when I went up into the mountains. If you learn how to tune the Webers properly, there are several books, just carry your synch and a screwdriver. It only takes a few minutes and soon you will almost be able to almost "pre-adjust" them.

$22.00 ain't a bad price for a horse,..
unless ya wants 300 of 'em

kalford897 08-30-2001 05:32 PM

Re: 4barrel a step down

ok- i messed up but is it at all possible to make this 4 barrel work and in a high performance? I have some money but too lazy to take it apart and never having ran it with the 4 barrel

ZmeFly 09-03-2001 03:40 PM

yes they are but as previously stated they do need constant tuning. thats why im using dellortos, not as much of a pain and you get a better idle out of them. as for the four barrel convert someon mentioned, no way is it as good as the dual su's. tyson has used a 4 barrel before adn you could ask him he said it ran well but didnt compare to his su's he has now.

watch out here comes my Z V8 powered and ready to roar