ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   S.O.S. What No Z'ssss (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/s-o-s-what-no-zssss-7184/)

uk175 09-24-2003 01:51 PM

S.O.S. What No Z'ssss

Advice for an idiot
I have recently aquired a 260Z which to me looked lovely and reminded me of my childhood days. I had to have it no matter what ( piccy enclosed) I soon realise that it it rotten from front to back. An inspection by a friend in the know confirmed it. It came with triple dellorto's high lift cam, and claimed to be a 2.6 bored to 3.1 with janspeed manifolds & exhaust.9 by 15 split rim wheels with new tyres & Ginos bodykit. Anywayz after some poking around it becomes clear that major work is required to restore it to an acceptable level. DECISION TIME What do i do. There have been many patches to the underneath in the past and much filler i guess. Do I proceed with floor pans, panels ect.. or look for a donor dry state chassy. Being in the UK a good chassy is goning to be hard to come by or is it????? Are dry state donor cars hard to come by and has anyone have experience with shipping to the uk.. Lots of questions from a newbie I know but any advice would really help an idiot to decide what to do with this car.. I want to keep it for and be proud to own a 260Z

Many thanks for reading this UK175

Quickshift 09-26-2003 11:30 AM

Depends on just how bad these spots are. When getting mine ready for paint I cut all the rust out and welded in new. The frame was rusted in two where the anti sway bar attached so I made a frame brace. Depends on how hands on you are and your mechanical know how. Got and pics of the bad spots?

uk175 09-26-2003 11:41 AM

Thanks..I'll try to get a few piccys over the weekend.. :(

dantm 09-27-2003 11:55 AM

Hey what kind of front is that on the car? It looks great. Do you have anymore pictures of this car from more angles?

Thanks,

/Dan

uk175 09-27-2003 12:08 PM

Hey Dan... Take a look in the photo gallery i've put a few other angle shots there for all to see.. I beleive it has a G-Nose front end. But i'm sure somebody here will know exactly what it is..

#Cheers You can see why i fell in love with it now..but its rotten

uk175

Loki 09-28-2003 06:20 PM

The front of the car is a combination of a G-Nose Kit with another front spoiler/front flairs. the spoiler and flairs can be fitted to a car without the G-Nose.

In reguard to teh chassis it really depends on how bad it is .. and how hard it will be to get another one. I live in australia on the south east cost and it is nearly impossible to find one with a straight and rust free chassis. My friend makes new floors, frame rails, guard bottoms and sills. If you are interested pm me and ill give you some contact details for him.

It looks like a sweet car so dont give up on it !

uk175 10-14-2003 01:50 PM

Thanks guys for reponding. I have found a source in the UK that ships over calif rust free chassys, there not what i call cheap but i'm going to go for it in the new year. What this space and see my rust free 240ZG rise from the ashes lol. Again thanks for taking the time to respond, to a newbie it really helps. Tuddar for now. 175