ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   Newbie to forum (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/newbie-forum-33157/)

Fuzz Z 07-30-2011 10:35 PM

Newbie to forum

Hello out there in Z car land!

I am new to the site and I thought I would introduce myself and my '24 Ounce'. I've owned Fuzz Z for 27 years now; since I was 17. I bought her from my sister who was the second owner. The car was purchased new from Palo Alto Nissan and was originally the burnt orange color. I've been staring at her now for the past 16 years from her resting place in various boxes, shelves and buckets scattered about my shop and outbuildings so it's way past due for restoration! I have no intention to keeping the car 100% original but I don't want a total custom either. I was finally encouraged to join the site by seeing 'orange72guy' pictures on Motorsport's gallery and his car (and others like his) is what I'm looking for...following the original themes of design but with updated technology, materials and a bit of artistic liberty.

I hope to pick your brains as I progress through the restoration process to avoid mistakes and enhance the driveability and reliability of the car. There are some very smart folks on this site and their contribution cannot be appreciated enough! :023: Anyhoot, I intend to share some pictures of "Fuzz Z" (so named by my kids as she sat cobweb and dust infested) during the restoration process. I am particularly interested in seeing pictures of your cars with interiors and wheel choices as well as how you addressed common early Z problems such as overheating, vapor locking etc. Please post some pics of your cars in reply!!

Cheers and thanks for having me aboard!

Brian,
Southern Oregon

PS I posted the above to another Z website and got nary one reply and after checking user stats I now know why! :075:

WanganDevilZ 07-31-2011 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzz Z (Post 298584)
Hello out there in Z car land!

I am new to the site and I thought I would introduce myself and my '24 Ounce'. I've owned Fuzz Z for 27 years now; since I was 17. I bought her from my sister who was the second owner. The car was purchased new from Palo Alto Nissan and was originally the burnt orange color. I've been staring at her now for the past 16 years from her resting place in various boxes, shelves and buckets scattered about my shop and outbuildings so it's way past due for restoration! I have no intention to keeping the car 100% original but I don't want a total custom either. I was finally encouraged to join the site by seeing 'orange72guy' pictures on Motorsport's gallery and his car (and others like his) is what I'm looking for...following the original themes of design but with updated technology, materials and a bit of artistic liberty.

I hope to pick your brains as I progress through the restoration process to avoid mistakes and enhance the driveability and reliability of the car. There are some very smart folks on this site and their contribution cannot be appreciated enough! :023: Anyhoot, I intend to share some pictures of "Fuzz Z" (so named by my kids as she sat cobweb and dust infested) during the restoration process. I am particularly interested in seeing pictures of your cars with interiors and wheel choices as well as how you addressed common early Z problems such as overheating, vapor locking etc. Please post some pics of your cars in reply!!

Cheers and thanks for having me aboard!

Brian,
Southern Oregon

PS I posted the above to another Z website and got nary one reply and after checking user stats I now know why! :075:

Welcome to Zdriver :038:

The only condition to us posting pics of our cars, is that you post some of yours :biggrin:

I'm in the middle of a rebuild right now. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...743.1442821721

Fuzz Z 07-31-2011 07:07 AM

Newbie to forum

Hey thanks for the welcome Sir, and as soon as I figure out how to get photos up (even my avatar didn't show up for crying out loud :017:) I will do so.

-Brian

Fuzz Z 07-31-2011 07:34 AM

Newbie to forum

Okay I've got the Avatar figured out now lets see if the photos come through.