ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   new springs and sways (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/new-springs-sways-1429/)

samzman 02-27-2002 01:54 AM

new springs and sways

I just got my Suspension Tech bars in the mail today. I was stoked. I just put spings on a couple of days ago cause I couldn't wait to do it all together. I got the 1" in front and the 7/8" in the rear. My roomate tore into the box and before I could even get my hands on them. He was just as excited as I was. I brought them with me to work so there was no chance of him getting wild at home tonite and putting them on his Z car. I'm putting new tire's on tomarrow too. So I don't go sliding off the road with the bald rears I have currently. I know just where I'll take it too. There is this road called Silver lake and has some ups and downs and sharp turns too. No cops either if you catch him on the out from his loop that he cruises. So my speed can get a little excesisve if you know what I mean and I'm sure you fellow Z drivers know where I'm coming from. Well I'll let you know tomarrow night of the difference.

samzman 02-28-2002 01:37 AM

Re: new springs and sways

Well since nobody cares anyway. I'll post to myself. The new suspension stuff was well worth the wait to save money for. The handling is sweet. The sways finish off the suspension perfectly, and the tires helped keep me on the road. Now I just need to get the rest of the urethane components and watchout. Next I'm going to go strip some toyota calipers from the junk yard and use them as cores for my new ones, and put some drilled rotors on with good pads. Question are the drilled better than slotted or the other way around, or where can I get drilled and slotted rotors. Since nobody likes me I'll answer my question tomarrow unless someone desides to let me know about the rotors.

What turns? They all seam staight to my Z!

Zpeed 02-28-2002 02:06 AM

people say sloted wears away ur pads faster, than drilled

<font color=blue>76 260z</font color=blue>
The NiteRider

Bleach 02-28-2002 07:56 AM

Is that road on the island or the mainland?

I put some urethane bushings on my factory sway bars a few years ago, and that alone made a huge difference in the handling and the amount of nessisary steering. I don't even have to turn the wheel as sharp now because the car isn't rocking back and forth so much.

Can you measure the distance between the two outer mounting holes on your new sway bars? I want to know if one of those might possibly fit a Datsun 620 truck. (front only)

http://www.zipcon.net/bleach/pages/zcar/zlogo.jpg

Yuichi 02-28-2002 01:01 PM

sanz,

From your first post I was waiting for you to post something. Thats what it sounded like. I got Suspension Techniques bars on my car and I love them

You can get drilled or slotted or pretty much anything else on www.strictlyz.com. Both are good but the post above is right the slotted lets the gas out through the slots and it will scrape off some of the brake pad. Whille drilled the heat will go to the holes.

Bleachzee is right Urethane bushings make a difference in handling. sometimes they can squeak though but beat old worn out bushings. We are only down to one 240Z kit cause Energy Suspension building caught on fire and they are behind:(

zya!
Yuichi
ZDriver.com
<a href=http://StrictlyZ.com>StrictlyZ Store<a>

-Have you had your daily dose of Vitamin Z?-
http://silcon.com/~brink/z/zpill.jpg

Draven 02-28-2002 02:07 PM

About the rotors, they are correct about the gas passing through the slotts, and the heat dissipating through the holes. Another thing is that the cross-drill rotors tend to break easier than the slotted.

"It can't rain all the time"

samzman 03-01-2002 12:28 AM

Cool I have drilled rotors on my V8 Z I like them very much. It pulls down hard and fast if I want it too. But I havn't drivin it in almost a year. My best friend back home is making sure nothing happens to it he helped me build it so I trust him. I have all the bushings done on it, plus every other suspension mod you can think of except for chromoly control arms.,I have a way custom body with door pops, elec windows, munsie rock crusher tranny, shaved handles and trim, custom tail lights and a crazy headlight set up. I'll post pics when I get it to WA in june or july. Back to my 240. The brakes are O.K. nothing like my Z8, man I miss that car. She's primer gray but I love her. I will probably go with drilled rotors along with the toyota calipers. Junk yards rule. I want to get new struts soon too The struts on it are stock but still in good shape. If I get new struts befor my roomate Curtis I will give them to him, his Z handles like a wet sponge. His is coming along nicely too we put a 240 hood on it, and are looking for new fenders fiberglass hopfully to bring down the wait some, his is a 280 we've got it down to 2600lbs. but he wants more. I smeared his face allover the glass tonite around this corner, boy that was fun. He's never seen me take that corner like that. Like I said what corner, it's all staight to my Z. I was out driving around all day, playing with my new suspension stuff. All I can say is wow. If anyone reading this lives on Whidbey Island, or drive on the Island and wants to check out some cool turns Hastie lake rd has some good corners with great lines. It's my test rd. I don't think the old man who live above turn #2 like me very much. He probably thought I was gonna put my Z through his house I raced through there so fast. If you know where this rd is be careful in turn #2 on the way back to hwy 20 the line is all wrong that direction, and you'll put yourself in the ditch and really mess up your ride. I don't know how fast I went through there, cause I was too buisy following my line and listening to RPM's. Another test rd is Silver lake rd on the east side back in the woods. I use that rd for hi speeds. Watch out for the deer at night though. There is a cop that makes a round on that rd too so if you wait till you pass him going the opposite direction your good to go for a long time. Has anyone heard of the new law in WA, if you are caught street racing you go to jail for a year and pay a $10,000 fine woh. I don't know if it's true, but I'll save my Honda eating fetish for SIR in Seattle. I'll post more about my cornering monster once I get use to the new handling. It's like having a new car.

What turn? It's all staight to my Z

samzman 03-01-2002 12:32 AM

Holy crap I didn't realize I wrote a book, sorry about all the nonsence. Curtis and I wanted to start a club on the Island and call it DATSUN OF A BITCH, but we don't know how well that would go over all big and bold on our winshields, so we will more than likely just make small stickers an dname it something else.

samzman 03-01-2002 01:14 AM

BleachZee, The road is on the Island on the east side of Oak Harbor. Go past the back entrance for the Seaplane base, up that long staight road till you get to taylor then go left and take your first right. It makes a big loop back to the road to Seaplane you can top you speedo if there is no traffic down the big hill and the straight away. The whoop te do's at the bottom of the hill will give you a slight rise of your suspension so be carefull. My friends car scraped at 125mph, but we had 4 people in it too so that might have had something to do with it.