ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   jus painted the 240!!! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/jus-painted-240-a-121/)

datto 02-25-2001 04:40 PM

jus painted the 240!!!

tell me what yah guys think. jus needs a custom grill and polish up my bumpers!!!

1-857-flare-side-passengercopy.jpg

GodZilla 02-25-2001 05:34 PM

Re: jus painted the 240!!!

wow looks nice. where did you get those flairs??

Kyle

datto 02-25-2001 05:50 PM

hey kyle

thanks. Les at classic datsun brought to me from his shop. he sells the set i believe for $150. check out his website. www.classicdatsun.com

Drax240z 02-25-2001 07:32 PM

Wow, that car is looking excellent! I love what you've done with it. Something just looks right using those flares with panasports.

Drax240z 02-25-2001 10:09 PM

Can you tell me the paint code for that colour? I'm very interested now. Hehe.

datto 02-25-2001 10:17 PM

hey drax

dont know exact paint code number but its gunmetal pearl. made by dupont. its single stage paint. i didnt want to spend big bucks on the paint just yet. the paint looks really good, just as glossy as my brothers $2500 paint job on his supra. i can actually still polish the car more to even get it more gloss. im very happy with the paint. best $400 i spent so far. it even included body work. i'll post another pic so you can see another shade of the color when the sun hits it. notice no flares and signal lights, its the day i got my car back!!! check the attachment z-ya

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by datto on 02/26/01 00:18 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

1-866-CopyofDsc00424copy.jpg

Yuichi 02-27-2001 08:33 AM

Datto,

The car is looking sweet!!:) But something wrong with the picture whats up with those fender mirrors they don't look like the 240ZG fender mirrors, are they the 280ZX fender mirrors or some other car? I think you just need the 240ZG style to finish the look, i got a new set to put on my car whenever it gets in the final stages I can't wait!

Zya!
Yuichi

datto 02-27-2001 10:48 PM

hey yuichi
about the mirrors, i wanted to get the zg mirrors but not ready to spend $200 bucks yet. id rather spend more on drivetrain and rebuild the carbs right now cause its running a little rough. once i get the 200hp at the wheels again, ill be happy. i lost power after i blew the head gasket and timing was thrown off and carbs are going bad. i bought those mirrors at a local yard from an old toyota car. i know they are not the real thing but a few friends in japan told me their mirrors look like mine with their 77 fairlady z. so im cool with those mirrors for now until i get enough money to get the real ones. dont worry ill get the zg mirrors and the fairlady front grill also. z-ya

eurozx 02-28-2001 05:05 AM

Dont try to hide mike ;) like i said in the email NICE!! looks very cool, i liked it before it was painted and now its just even better, you make me wish my car was done.. should i have bought 17's? im thinking i should have painted it now, hehehe, im thinking aobut gunmetal gray, or gunmetal black!! i originaly wanted black then i held up a splosh of gunmetal gray coloring thing and it looked amazing!!! very very cool job man, i wish i could do something with my mirrors.

eurozx.org

datto 02-28-2001 08:31 AM

sup wil
yo yo yo hehehe..not hiding man, just chillen. gunmetal black would look cool, i was thinking that color but didnt want to be to dark, yo know how fast black cars shows dirt or dust. well ive been working on new style gauges again, i made some tweed looking gauges now, jus gotta wait and see if people like it before i sell them. ill email some new designs when i get them done, not gonna sell them yet til it gets a pproved. hehe laterZ

eurozx 02-28-2001 08:35 AM

cool! i just found a site that sells mesh grils, carbon fiber resin, fiberglas resin stuff, carpet, HF viny [in gunmetal black!!!] and that just sent me over the edge, they have everythign ive been looking for to finish the car.. its all final touches so i wont buy anything for a while but hehe.. its always nice to find, email me if u need the link..

im trying to find a gunmetal black color website, i need color codes and a sample before i set my mind on it, i have an idea wht it looks like but till i really see it i cant set my mind on it.. i need to get some fairly soon cause my buddy and I are primering my car, and might as well paint it!!

eurozx.org

Yuichi 02-28-2001 10:48 AM

Datto,

Thats cool yah I understand the ZG mirrors are expensive, but i'm curious how are the currents mirrors visibility wise, thats one of the reasons i got them for, probably less blind spots? I'm currently working part number at nissan so if you want I can hook you up with employee discount, I only plan on working there maybe 2 or 3 more months so i'm buying all the parts I need now and splitting like a pea! So e-mail me at Yuichi@ZDriver.com if you want me to hook you up before I quit

zya!
Yuichi

ZmeFly 03-02-2001 03:01 AM

looks fantastic. if you go to readers rides on the arizona zcar site a guy there did something i think really looks good i will try to at least post the pic here. he built the grill up to fill the whole open area and left just the ends of the bumper on it really looks different and sweet. by the way your car looks fantastic. james
here is the link. i really like the way this looks just my opinion.

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/7808/msa1.jpg

watch out here comes my Z V8 powered and ready to roar

datto 03-02-2001 09:45 AM

hey james
thanks for the link the grill looks cool. its kinda weird how he left the ends of the bumpers on, pretty original. almost like how early porsches looked. ive been working with my original grill by adding more bars to it to fill in the hole not done yet but in progress. i put a temporary grill, people like it and dislike it. i attached a pic of how it looks.
mike

1-920-front-grill-z2copy.jpg

KraZ4spd 03-03-2001 06:17 PM

Let me know about your gauges

I might be interested in some that are a silver pearl.

gunny@midusa.net

thanx,

KraZ4spd

240z 03-05-2001 06:09 PM

Speaking Of Custom Grills!

I wanted to know if it's possible to get the grill off a 432 fairlady they have a nicer looking grill. I wanted to replace my 260z's grill because it was in a slight accident a while back and the grill is slightly bent and rusting a bit.
How much are the grills if there available?
BTW very nice looking Zed there I really like the flares from the ZG.

-=240z=-

Yuichi 03-05-2001 06:47 PM

Re: Speaking Of Custom Grills!

the Fairlady Z grille I believe is still avalible from the nissan dealer for 150 bucks the part number is 62300-N3000;) It might be 175 not sure but its around that area. that would probably be the same price trying to order a original 240Z one I bet lol

zya
Yuichi

everlastin 07-02-2002 10:30 PM

thats kool did u put the mirrors there your self ???and wat paintcolor

MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST

Skully 07-02-2002 10:48 PM

they come like that on fairlady Z's dont they....
spankin car man whoooiiii

datto 07-02-2002 11:48 PM

OH WOW i didnt know this post was still on here, my car was painted well over a year from that picture, things have changed,,,the color is still the same , gunmetal paintjob....but now i have a g-nose front end and 15x10 15x8.5 RS Watanabe 8 spokes and soon to finish turbo engine. the fender mirrors are actually from a toyota celica, at that time i couldnt afford the real mirrors cuz they were to much. well thanks for the post guys, take it easy

mike

DattoZG

EVILZ 07-04-2002 06:52 PM

ARE THE ZG ONES ON THE WINDOWS.IF THEY ARE TRY EARLY HONDA CRX ONES AS THE ARE ABOUT THE SAME. I'VE GOT SOME AND THEY FIT INTO THE CORNER. JUST MAKING A BRACKET TO FIT. WITH THE SCREW IN BITS CUT THEM SHORTER.