ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   I want your opinion on this! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/i-want-your-opinion-88/)

chris 02-12-2001 12:39 AM

I want your opinion on this!

Hi!

There is a 280ZX for sale near where i live (one hour drive). The car is from 1980 and this is what i know about it so far...
It has just about everything except the targa roof. It has electronic controlled recaro seats in the front. The paint job is well done (Metallic dark blue) And according to the salesguy it's in good condition but when asked the mileage i did not get an answer.... pretty strange!?! The car is going for about $4000 us... What do you guys think? Tell me your opinion!

eurozx 02-12-2001 02:54 PM

Re: I want your opinion on this!

never hurts to go look, check the miles, look at the engine, listen to it with the hood open, make sure the spedo wasnt rolled back [not hard to do, i did mine with the new engine] just look for things that may have been messed with, sounds like it might be a good deal, 4k is what i would pay for a very clean 280zx, id take mods over paint.. but nothing over engine, if the engine is junk [do a compression test] then do get it.. 4k and then 2k for an engine is a raw deal.

good luck

www.eurozx.com

eurozx.org

Drax240z 02-12-2001 03:43 PM

Funny euro. "id take mods over paint.. but nothing over engine, if the engine is junk [do a compression test] then do get it.. 4k and then 2k for an engine is a raw deal"

You can tell where peoples expertise lies. :) For me, I don't car a bit on what the engine is like in a car, I know I can have another one in there in no time. But as far as bodywork goes, thats why I want to be good! Like I said, it depends where your skills lie.

4k does sound steep to me. For 4k the car better be CHERRY. No rust, nothing wrong. Still worth looking at to compare some prices at least.

240z 02-12-2001 11:36 PM

Well with my experience with zeds I'd say body is most important. Body work isn't usually tuff unless there's gaping holes or the battery area has corroded like my 240z 8-(. If the Dash is uncracked or recapped and the body and interior are good don't worry about the engine that's probably the cheapest thing to get fixed. Anyway good luck and as Drax said it can't hurt to just go look to compare prices.

-=240z=-

TomSimpson 02-13-2001 05:23 AM

Pay close attention to the owner, remember your buying a piece of them. Look for a nice yard, house, etc.

eurozx 02-13-2001 09:09 AM

id have to say im better at body work and not engien worked, ive tryed to replace a cam in my z, rods, the whole 9 yards but boyyy do i suck [lack of tools mainly].. for 4k your right, it better be cherry.. thats a steap price!

eurozx.org