ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   i need wheel adapters!@! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/i-need-wheel-adapters-%40-42/)

eurozx 01-16-2001 02:25 PM

i need wheel adapters!@!

heh, evan what do you use? i recall being told the Monsoons bolt right on to the stock 280zx hub with a 1mm spacer.. sounds nice and all but when i get my Tax Check back ill be buying a set of Konig Villians in 17" and FWD for an Aucra Integra!!! nice rims but they dont fit stock, i dont like the idea of paying $200/piece for some spacers, someone gave me a phone # along time ago for a shop upsate but i lost that, the only other person i know to go to is the guy that sells the 4 caliper brake upgrades for the z cars [i have link if anyone is interested] but he wants i think $200 a piece and thats alot of $$, id like to spend mabey $300-$400 for a set, so i can get them with the same check thats going to buy the rims, let me know your ideas.. no matter what i do ill probably upgrade toa FWD rim. thanks.

www.eurozx.org

eurozx.org

Evanz 01-19-2001 08:38 PM

Re: i need wheel adapters!@!

dude im really sorry i havent noticed your post! Hey the monsoon does not bolt on to the zx hub that i knnow of. Email privately and ill get you hooked up with adapters for cheaper than you can imagine LOL. Im taking orders for the dude who did mine. He does great work.

Email me dude- Evan

Well while i have it apart i might as well........

Drax240z 01-20-2001 07:12 PM

Hey evan, next time you talk to your guy, you want to see what he'll charge to make 4 slip-on style spacers? No studs needed. About 7/8" thickness.

Jay 02-07-2001 04:58 AM

Evan,
Are you still providing adapters or information on how to get them? I have an 83 ZX coupe that I'd like adapters for. I tried to contact the email address you supplied on other boards but no reply.

Email me back if this is still something you're doing.

Evanz 02-07-2001 06:34 AM

Hey JAY!

Hey dude, i wanted to email but minor problem. You didnt leave me an address LOL. Please drop me an email. Im going to be making an order next week for some sets. Ill be happy to put you on there. Just email ME and we can work out the details. They are 200 a set for the normal ones i order to adapt to a four lug honda wheel.

John stopped doing the adapters because he just doesnt have time. So i have kinda taken over the whole thing on that end.

Thanks guys- Evan

Well while i have it apart i might as well........

Yuichi 02-07-2001 07:33 PM

Wheel Adapters!:)

Hiya all,

I'm happy to say I'm getting some adaptors can't wait till I get them. Seems like Evan's got the best price around and if you've seen the picture of the spacers alone they look sweet;) What I'm curious about is I believe the ZX rims are a 12mm + offset. Anyone know so would the spacers be kinda different for the ZX compared to the Z? Just curious heheh.

Also Drax what kind of rim did you find man?

Drax240z 02-07-2001 09:08 PM

Re: Wheel Adapters!:)

I have a set of 15"x7" wheels that are FWD offset, but the same bolt pattern as the Z. I think they might be off a prelude. They have 2 sets of 4 lug holes on them.

bowtieZ 02-09-2001 10:26 PM

honda bolt patterns are 4 0n 100mm and 4 on 4.5"...usually the accords use the bigger bolt cirlce that is the same as the z 4 on 4.5"......they will line up....but ya still need the spacers to clear the spring/strut.

Drax240z 02-10-2001 12:17 PM

Well it turns out that you don't actually NEED spacers to run those wheels on the car. They are on there, and they have been driven a fair bit on there. I have the fenders off the car right now, and I can tell you those wheels are less than 1/4" from the lower spring perch. I'm worried what would happen if I had some sidewall flex there and the tire hit the perch.

Needless to say I am going to be looking for spacers before I have the car on the road. I may just make some 1/4" spacers for the time being to be safe, then get the 1" ones later.