ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/)
-   -   Datsun Fairlady 240Z (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/datsun-fairlady-240z-19297/)

Superduner 07-18-2006 11:08 PM

Datsun Fairlady 240Z

ok ok here it is plain and simple im looking forward to buying a righ hand drive JAPANESE 240z. so i'm looking for sources or places were i can find those cars. wether expot them here. or buy them already here. webpages, private owners ETC I DONT CARE HOW . but i want to have a way of getting one. i would just need like i mentiond. a SOURCE to get to one. preferibly 72 and older THANK YOU for those of you that want to help i apreshite it

JOSE

hoov100 07-18-2006 11:49 PM

good luck! you have to be extremely lucky, or extremely rich to get one, even in japan there hard to find.

texasz 07-21-2006 10:22 AM

Don't let that get you down, they do come available from time to time, you will have have to keep looking every day and be patient.

FairladyZS30 07-21-2006 01:16 PM

try top find em those cars in austrelia...see if you can find one and see if they would send it..but like they say...you need to be rich for that

Superduner 07-23-2006 04:34 PM

ohh. damn i guess. its harder than i thought. what would be easyer. brinding the whole car over? or converting it. into a right hand drive ?

rigez 07-25-2006 01:38 PM

Just keep looking. I have 2 a 74 with a gnose off of eBay and 70 that I got locally in SF Bay Area.

There was a guy selling his on eBay not long ago. His reserve was not met. Here is the link to the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT .

Try to contact him if you really want one. I would have bought it, but I can't be stingy LOL...I already have 2.....and my girl would kill me if I bought another project car.

Good luck with your search. Remember you have to keep searching all the sites, news papers, classifieds even the local junk yard. I saw one at a Nissan wrecker once close to Sacramento.

Bleach 07-25-2006 01:54 PM

a few years back I found a 1976 2+2 RHD car for sale locally that had been smashed in the front. Bent frame and all. I passe it up but only figured out years later that it would have been perfect to use the steering and dash to convert a 240Z to RHD. oops! I think the price went as low as $400 for that one.

I found mine on Zcar.com I had kept my eye out for any Fairlady Z's on the west coast for about 3 years. :D They're hard to find.
I've seen a few decent projects on eBay from time to time if you're willing to drive all over the country for one.

There is a 280ZX Fairlady Z for sale up here in Washington. Very cheap. Its in super condition and only $4500.

heffernancurtis 07-25-2006 06:57 PM

RHD Fairlady 240Z For Sale

Hi, I am the guy with the RHD Fairlady 240z that was on ebay. The car is still For Sale and If your interested please contact me directly on my email at heffernancurtis@yahoo.com.

Additionally for anyone else interested in parts, here's a brief run down of what I also have for sale

Exterior Parts
• 5-Pc G-Nose Kit
• New NBI G-Nose Hood Hinge
• NIB G-Nose Chrome Head Light Covers
• NIB JDM Emblems including OEM “Fairlady”, etc
• NIB Fender Mirrors
• New NBI Euro Front & Rear Bumpers
• NIB Euro Tail Lights and Rubber Seals
• New NBI Door Handles
• New NBI Felt/Chrome Squeeze Window Seals
• Complete NIB OEM Lock Set with Matching Keys (ignition, rear hatch, doors, glove box, etc.)
• New NBI Complete Rubber Seals/Grommets/Cushion Set (Every Replacement Rubber part necessary is included in this kit, except for the impossible to get wiring harness firewall/grommet)
• NIB Clear Euro Turn Signal Markers and Assembly
• NIB Clear Euro Side Markers and Assembly
• Extra Left and Right Front Fenders, and front under cowl (3pc)
• NIB 432 240Z Grill
• OEM US 240Z Front Grill
• Sandblasted Series 1 Replacement Hatch w/ vents(No Rust and Prepped for Paint)
• NIB Zedd Findings Premium Floor Pans and Rails
• NIB Courtesy Nissan Z Car Creations Stainless Steel Interior Bolt Kit (Includes complete set of all interior & exterior bolts in Stain Steel)

Interior Parts
• NIB JDM RHD Dash
• New NBI RHD Half Dash Cap
• NIB MOMO Racing Peddles
• New NBI MOMO Sill Plates
• New NBI OEM Scuff & Threshold Plates
• New NBI OEM Kick Panels
• New JDM Passenger side Foot Rest and Rubber (NLA)
• New NBI Hood Pull Assembly and Latch
• New NBI Left & Right Window guides
• New NBI Window Cranks, Arm rests, and Door Pulls
• Very Rare Dual Choke assembly included (OEM part on JDM 432 240z)
• Original Seats in worn condition included.
• Original Door panels in good condition included.
• Original Carpet in good condition included.
• NLA 240z Ashtray/Fuse Box Cover
• All interior original trim pieces included.

Suspension Parts
• Arizona Z New NBI Lightweight Racing 4130 Chromoly Front Control Arms and Rear A-Arms
• New NBI Front & Rear Ground Control Coil-over Set (2 1/2inch Springs with over 4 inches of Adjustment), Strut Assembly (Cut to Length Struts and Professionally Tig Welded), and Motorsport Adjustable Aluminum Camber Plates (+/-4 degree of camber, +/- 2 degree of caster without body modifications)
• New NBI 5-Way Adjustable Tokico Illumina Shocks(matching set for coil-over conversion). Out finish has been rubbed to due Strut Conversion, however these are brand new and never been installed.
• New NBI JDM Watanabe Magnesium Racing Rims Front 15X8.5J, Rear 15X9.5J. These rims are very hard to get and are the best of the Watanabe light weight racing series. This kit comes with the 3 Crane logo stamped on the center caps, Valve Stems and Valve Caps, Lug Nuts and Locking Lug Nuts. Tires currently mounted on the rims are Nitto Extreme Drag NT 555R (P275/50 R15 all around)
• Additionally, 4 New never been mounted Dunlop SP Sport 9000 (245/35 ZR15) Tires are included for a lower profile. These tires are NLA.
• NIB Nismo Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces
• New NBI OEM replacement Front & Rear Wheel Bearings
• New NBI Nismo Quick Steering Knuckles
• New NBI 15inch Bump Steers
• New NBI Adjustable Sway Bar end Links
• NIB Energy Suspension Hyper Flex System Complete Master Bushing Set
• Re-Powder coated large diameter front Sway Bar

Drive Train Parts
• NEW NBI Triple TWM Throttle Bodies, Match Ported TWM Intake Manifold, and Custom Aluminum Intake Plenum with Adel Wiggins 3 inch Aircraft Clamp.
• Race Prepped N42 Head (Ported, Polished, and Planed) New Oversized Intake and Exhaust Valves, Valve Seats, and Heavy Duty Springs.
• Trust JDM Stainless Twin Turbo Exhaust Manifold and Twin Rebuilt TD06 turbines. This setup is in new rebuilt condition.
• New NBI Arizona Z Competition Oil Pan. Internally baffled 4 trap doors, 3 dash 8-plug
• New NBI Custom Isihara-Johnson Crank Scrapper
• LD28 Diesel Crank for Stroker Build
• New NBI Custom Adjustable Timing Chain Gear
• New NBI Custom Lightweight Anodized 3 Pc pulley set
• NIB Motorsport Aluminum 4 Row Radiator
• NIB Motorsport Electric Water Pump
• NIB Motorsport Large Diameter Electric Fan and Mounting Kit
• NIB OEM Timing Chain and Tensioner Kit
• NIB Z Specialty Aftermarket High Output Alternator 130Amp
• New NBI Z Car Creations Stainless Adjustable Tensioner Alternator
• NIB HKS Grounding Kit
• New NBI OEM R-200 4.11 Rear Diff includes all necessary hardware for this conversion including rear mustache bar and half shafts (w/new U-joints installed). Also included is a set of rear CV-half shafts with conversion plates for possible installation.
• NIB Nismo R-200 Finned Rear Diff Cover
• New NBI Rear Disk Break Conversion Kit includes mounting plate and rear disks. 240sx calipers sold separately.
• NIB Courtesy Nissan Z Car Creations Stainless Steel L-Engine Bolt Kit (Includes complete set of all engine and drive train bolts in Stain Steel)
• NIB HKS 3 inch Stainless Muffler
• Full 3 inch Matched Mandrel Bent Exhaust Piping
• New NBI 3 inch Chromo Twin Turbo Down Pipe
• NIB Engine Bay Light
• New NBI Stainless Hood Prop
• Re-Chromoed “Nissan” valve Cover
• Used External Oil Filter Kit.

Misc Parts
• Various Cad Plated Suspension Bolts and Metric Bolts/Nuts
• Photocopied Japan Parts Manual for 240z
• Extra N42 Head for Parts or Rebuild
• Various small parts for 240Z’s
• NIB Sound Deadening Material
• Extra Valve Covers “Nissan 2400 OHC” “Nissan OHC”
• 240z Car Cover

Extra Stuff
• Extra Shift Knobs
o Nismo Racing Shifter
o Tenzo Shifter
o Nissan Shifter
• NIB replacement Wipers
• Polished Triple Solex Intake Manifold
• Cad Plated Parts
o Stock Horns
o Reservoir Caps/brackets
o Washer Sprays
o Timing Chain small cover
o Front and Rear Mounting Brackets
o Wrap Around Heater Tube
o Hood Latch
o Rear Tailgate Guides
o Etc.
• MISC Old Parts
o Triple K&N Air Filters
o SU Air Filter
o Various Emblems
o Distributor Caps and Rotors
o Platinum Spark Plugs
o Valve Springs and Head Bolts
o Original Rear Speakers and Mounts
o Yellow front turn signal lenses (2 sets)
o Washer Bottle
o Front/Rear KYB and Stiff/Lower Springs
• New Rebuilt Gasket/Felt rebuild kit for Wiper Motor
• NIB Gear Reduction Starter
• MOMO Foot Rest
• NIB Replacement Antenna
• 45 Issues of the Japanese “Nostalgic Hero” Magazines
• Various Japanese Car Magazines and Z Japanese Magazines
• Copy of Japan Parts Manuel
• Various Nissan Repair and Rebuild Manuels
• DVD version of the Datsun parts and Repair Manuel
• Watanabe Catalogs, Pricelists and Stickers
• Extra Set of NIB Watanabe Lock Nuts
• NIB ITG Triple Carb Intake Filter
• 3 NIB Weber Intake Filters
• Horn Buttons
o “Nismo”, Nismo “Datsun”, Stock Horn Button
• MOMO 3 Spoke Racing Steering Wheel
• Tools
o Datsun Tune Up Kit
o Bearing Pack
• NBI Euro SU Balance Tube
• Nismo Heat Shield
• Various Wheel Spacers

BlackCrow 07-25-2006 07:22 PM

How much are you selling the beast and what colour is it?

heffernancurtis 07-25-2006 10:23 PM

Datsun Fairlady 240z

It's the original Burnt Yellow Color. The price really depends on what you want with it. I have removed most of the trim and exterior parts. I have new replacements for Bumpers, Fender mirrors, lights, trim, rubber, interior, emblems, etc. Just the base car is $7500. It's in great shape and very little rust. Email me directly for specific inquiries at heffernancurtis@yahoo.com.

Superduner 07-27-2006 12:21 PM

Wow sounds like the car is hooked up already. i just skipped all the parts and whent to the price only to find out hes asking too much for it. a year ago thee was one for sale RHD and everything completely stock for $2300 too bad i was'nt into 240's back then :( i would've been all over that car haha.

snwbrderphat540 07-27-2006 10:56 PM

HOLY CRAP, i saw the weirdest thing today....i double took to make sure my eyes werent shittin me. ok so....i saw a right hand drive car.......but guess what it was.......go on guess............a damn saturn wagon...... A SATURN..........i thought those were american cars anywyas? plus who the hell has a RHD saturn? it was freaky......FREAKY

skittle 07-27-2006 11:11 PM

hmmm saturn is a japanesse car, but yeah weird...

snwbrderphat540 07-28-2006 07:51 AM

o...yeah i didnt know, i thought saturn was japanese at first then said...no it isnt, and just thought about it and decided i was right saying it isnt cuase it just does'nt sound japanese, unlike toyota, or yokohama, or saganaki, or honda, or nissan even.....yeah, i still dont get it though.

veyenyl 07-28-2006 09:36 AM

sent you an email regarding parts.

Superduner 05-30-2008 06:23 PM

I'm still looking for this car :( ... no luck so far.

entropy31 05-30-2008 06:34 PM

still looking 2 years later. have you tried any of those importer sites? i saw one a while back that had a few RHD S30s, can't remember the name. they also had '99 z32s :D.

Superduner 05-30-2008 08:08 PM

damn if only youd know the sites names or links that would help out :) yeah ive been looking trust me. i guess some peeps have more luck than others in these things :P i hope my time comes soon

texasz 06-01-2008 09:45 AM

There was one on eBay not too long ago...with in the past 6 months or so.

Here's one: http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...hp/carno/29318

Same car listed on different site: http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car...tml?no_cache=1

You've just got to keep looking and be patient...just as I said two years ago. :) You'll find one!

Superduner 06-01-2008 07:33 PM

deng the car is un UK Arm and a leg just to bring it over :/ what do you guys think asking for opipnions here. easyer to find and purchase the RHD . or can i make it for a little cheaper than what i could find the RHD priced for ? THANKS for the positive feedback :) yeah still looking. every two days i search throughly hahah cant stay everyday glued to the screen haha

entropy31 06-01-2008 08:10 PM

why would you convert one to RHD?? is that the only reason you want a fairlady? just for the steering wheel to be on the wrong side?

Superduner 06-01-2008 10:19 PM

not really im da kinda guy that thinks different is good :P haha some may call ir weird some may call it being unike. I had the intention of buying a fairlady a while back as u can tell this post was posted 2 years ago me lookign for one. THEN.. i came across this WANGAN MIDNIGHT anime wich by the way. i HIGHLY recomend Z lovers watch. Watching that even made me want to get a rhd even MORE :) haha

NismoPick 06-02-2008 06:23 AM

I must be asleep ... dreaming I'm reading this ...

Are you um.... serious? :D

texasz 06-02-2008 10:29 AM

My opinion, don't convert one...far too much work, effort, and money! You'll have to get a different dash, do some firewall work, and the list goes on.

I pointed out the one in the UK as it's all I could find on a quick search and you did say that money was not a concern. You may have an easier time locating one overseas than here in the US...although they do come up for sale here from time to time, you just have to keep watching.

Yes, the Wangan movie is very cool...in fact it's been on my mind lately so I'm going to have to dust it off and watch it again myself.

Best of luck to you!! :)

Bleach 06-02-2008 12:32 PM

http://www.japan-partner.com
http://auctions.amayama.com/nissan/fairlady_z/
http://www.modifiedcars-export-japan...ry/nissan.html
http://www.jdmconnection.org
http://nissan.japan-car.jp

the older cars are rare, but I do see that Amayama auctions had a 1972 Z up a while ago. Keep looking

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/ja.../130/?jid=1978

took me 2 years to find this info!!! (or 2 min)