240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

'77 280Z auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 03:43 PM

'77 280Z auto

What's one worth, in say awesome condition. Has a light interior w/professionally upholstered vinyl seats that feel/look like leather. Only thing somewhat wrong is the steering is a little gelish...maybe control arm bushings?...dunno for sure. I also posted this in the "For Sale" section. I know someone trying to get rid of one.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
I have a present for you...

An automatic in any sportcar is like a limp @#$%. You can do a complete 5 speed change over for couple hundred if you don't mind searching the junk yards. A 5 speed will increase the size of your smile too.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:29 PM

I'm curious... would anyone spend 4k on a 76 280 with a four speed? All original, even hub caps. I have put many new parts on the car, the paint is good too. Or is this price just too much?
Old 10-07-2003, 02:16 PM
the Dude

Lisa,

it all depends on the buyer. if someone's specifically looking for a mint condition all original 280z, then they'll spend the money on it.

generally, people that want project cars will go for the lighter 240z cars that are also smog exempt in california. You may want to advertise to folks on the east coast, because a non-rusty Z is worth its weight in gold to folks on EC, and rust free cars are rare.

by the way, i saw you on corner of driscoll/paseo a few days ago, but i was going in the opposite direction
Old 10-08-2003, 03:31 PM

Dude!

Sometimes I think about it, but I really don't see myself without my little car!
Do you have a green one? What's your name?
Old 10-08-2003, 03:37 PM

Dude!

Sometimes I think about it, but I really don't see myself without my little car!
Do you have a green one? What's your name?
Old 10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
the Dude

Should be familiar, I was the one with the black Z talking to you right next to the Carillo house (mustang guys you lived next door to), and gave you the flyer for the first Zs by the Bay
Old 10-09-2003, 07:33 AM
The Evil Twin

I had a 1975 280Z with an auto. Mint condition inside and out, 73,000 original miles. It was green. I advertised it at $4,000 and got a guy from California up here to buy it. We agreed on $3600 for it. He lives in the Bay area.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:47 AM

:)

Oh it's you!
I saw you on my lunch break too a couple weeks ago!

The reason why I was asking, is one time this guy really liked my car and asked me if I wanted to sell my car, and 4k just came out of my mouth and he gave me a crazy face look!

when you say mint condition, had you replaced the seats or have them recovered?
Old 10-09-2003, 09:51 AM

oh yeah, I did grow up in Fremont. How did you get that little picture by your name on the left?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:28 PM
The Evil Twin

Ok, so maybe its not mint like from the showroom floor. It was in exceptional unrestored condition. The seats were all original. The finish was beautiful but the driver's seat had one little spot the sitching was separating. With no one setting on the seat it looked perfect. The paint job was the only thing re-done on the car. Everything else was just super clean and original. The carpet was original and in great condition. The black carpet on the driver's side of the center console had some slight sun fading, but the rest looked new. It was garaged and taken care of by the previous owners. And unfortunatly it had one thing crack just starting to form in the center of the dash. So ya, its not a perfect show car but it was in very very good shape and I got close to what I was asking so I guess the other guy agreed. I had one local guy that wanted the car very bad. He looked at it and drove it. He thought about it for about 2 days and then told me that he really wanted it, but he didn't want to have to go through the work of changing it out to a manual so he passed.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:10 PM
the Dude

Re: :)

Originally posted by z_lis
Oh it's you!
I saw you on my lunch break too a couple weeks ago!
yeap, baja fresh. they had a nifty special running with a coupon: free bare burrito with purchase of a large soda
Old 10-09-2003, 03:07 PM

More on the Z for sale

Okay,
Here's the deal on the Z, it's the original gold color, well one that matched anyway. Beautiful interior, cream color w/very nice re-upolhstered soft vinyl seats. Very low miles tons of extras, say a 5 spd ready to be put in (not an easy job mind you), another set of aluminum wheels and rubbers on them, tons of parts (electrical and others)......just to give a little description.
Asking say around $4000. Seems to be running a little lean though, but an easy fix I believe.
I'll get some pics of it up soon.

Laun
Old 10-10-2003, 04:54 PM

I went to Mission High, what year did you graduate? I'd like to see your z sometime.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:39 PM

That would be cool to see your pics! I graduated in 85 too! : )
Old 10-14-2003, 10:06 AM

I just noticed you moved to Idaho? How's it over there? I think I have heard of that name Karyn. Anyhow... what made you decide to move to Idaho?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:21 PM

yes! I get the picture! I think you're lucky to try some place new.

Quick Reply: '77 280Z auto