ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/)
-   -   What's its name? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/whats-its-name-37442/)

professor229 03-28-2013 05:01 PM

What's its name?

Hi... When I got the car, we had to use a strap to tie one door shut because the seller had removed the door latch hardware on the driver's side. I am putting the car back together and found out why he did remove everything and will replace the hinge pins on the drivers side. However, the problem now is a missing part that is on the passenger side, but NOT on the driver's side and in all the miscellaneous parts I got with it, this part was not there... Can anybody tell me its name so I can look on Ebay etc. for one? Description.... On the end of the door is the assembly that keeps the door shut. by hitting the striker plate in the door piller. Right below this device on the end of the door, is what I will call an "alignment tool" and may be called a "dove tail"??? But that part is missing on the driver's side.... Can anybody tell me what to search for? Thanks

Steve260Z74 03-28-2013 05:45 PM

Find out what Nissan called it: CarPartsManual.com - Online Parts Catalogs for Classic Cars

professor229 03-29-2013 03:27 AM

Thanks

Hi Steve... thanks.... I have already looked there and spent quite some time studying any of the schematics that might show this piece.... none of them do.... They show the striker plates that mount on the car body sill areas, but they do not show the latch device on the end of the door.... never from that perspective. I could be missing it, but I don't think they show it... so what I am going to do today, is go out and take a picture of the passenger side door latch device, that is complete.... and also a picture of my driver's side showing where the part is missing right below the latching swivel device... I also search Ebay and googled it too, to see if I would accidentally stumble on the picture of one etc... no go.... I will get back to you.... PS.... the online manual has been a great help to me, reassembling this car since it has been painted... thanks again... I will try to get some pictures posted today and maybe someone can come up with a "name" for this part that I can search for....

Steve260Z74 03-29-2013 05:56 AM

I'm not sure what you can't find. I see all of the parts for inside the door on Datsun 240Z Door Lock, Window Regulator & Door Handle (To Jul.-'73)
The door lock (part number 3) is shown only from the inside of the car and at an angle that you don't see the area that hits the striker.
All of the parts that mount on the body are here Datsun 240Z Body Side Trim & Side Window (To Jul.-'73)

Can you take a picture of the driver's side part that you think you are missing from the passenger side? They should be mirror images.

professor229 03-29-2013 11:38 AM

Pictures

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Steve.... Here are the pictures..... notice the one side (passenger) has the latching device and then below it is the "guide" and on the driver's side, there is the latching device but below it, no "guide"..... When I bought the car, it was a project car that the owner decided was going to take too long to work on... Every single thing that was missing or removed from the car was a problem... and it continued this morning too... anyway.... can you help me with the name of the part I need so I can at least look around on Ebay for one? Thanks... I really appreciate the help!! Dennis

Steve260Z74 03-29-2013 12:13 PM

Dove tail
80530-N4500
Motorsport! Door Dove Tail, 70-76 240Z-260Z-280Z - The Z Store! Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts
NissanParts.cc - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories
DOVETAIL - :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

professor229 03-29-2013 12:42 PM

Thanks

Thanks Steve... next question.... Is there a drivers side and a passenger side dove tail? or are they the same and one dove tail will fit on either side?

Steve260Z74 03-29-2013 01:28 PM

Either side.