240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to performance motor enhancements, upgrades.

Parting out some Z cars… 240-280 and ZX Turbo…

Old 04-30-2005, 09:52 PM

Parting out some Z cars… 240-280 and ZX Turbo…

Guys,
Just thought I’d mention that I put up on eBay 2 sets of SU intake manifolds, one set is the earlier 240 style and the other is the later 260 style, both come with the cluttered balance tubes. I’m also parting out a few Z cars, one is an early ’70 240, complete rust bucket, kinda thrashed inside but possibly a few good parts if anyone is interested, a couple ’77 280’s and a ’82 ZX Turbo, the Powertrain for the Turbo car has been spoken for already.

Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman
Rusch Motorsports
braapZ350@hotmail.com
’75 Datsun 280 Z-28 SOLD!!!
0-60, 4.2 sec.
Ľ mi, 12.3 @ 113 MPH
http://www.datsuns.com/projects/paulrproject.htm

1996 Infiniti Q-45
2001 Chevrolet Suburban
1990 Chevrolet Silverado extra cab, 5.7L
SHO powered 280 Z under construction
LS 1 V-8 powered ?????
Old 05-02-2005, 10:51 AM

How much of that '70 240Z do you have left and where's it located?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:59 AM

any good fuel tanks from the 77s?
Old 05-02-2005, 04:42 PM

Most of the ’70 is still there. The cylinder head is gone. Car had been sitting out in a pasture for quite a few years and this took its toll on it, rusted, moldy inside, etc.

Sorry, neither only one ’77 fuel tank and it is no good, rust.

Cars are located in Oregon, just outside of Portland.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by BRAAP
Most of the ’70 is still there. The cylinder head is gone. Car had been sitting out in a pasture for quite a few years and this took its toll on it, rusted, moldy inside, etc.

Here's a short list of parts I may want to buy from you:
  1. The center console coin holder and choke panel (if in very good shape with no cracks, breaks, etc)
  2. Heater/Radio panel (no controls, just the plastic cover panel)(if in very good shape with no cracks, breaks, etc)
  3. The ashtray
  4. The valve cover (if it is the same as mine, reads "NISSAN 2400 OHC")
  5. Fuse box and cover (if in very good shape with no melts and has long pigtail)
  6. Hand throttle (I know that I may never find one)
  7. Combo switch (the one that has the lights, wipers, and turn signals on it)
  8. JDM tail lights
  9. Tail light wiring harness
  10. Pillar badges

There may be some others that are missing from this list but this will get us started.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:05 PM

Texas Z, I went out and looked over the car and my parts stash. A few of these items I wasn’t able to find, but will look deeper in my parts inventory this weekend and will post back then whatever I’m able to dig up from your list that I didn’t find tonight, other wise, read on for what I did find….

Here's a short list of parts I may want to buy from you:
1. The center console coin holder and choke panel (if in very good shape with no cracks, breaks, etc)
Center console is NOT broke, but the vinyl covering is cracked all over and it has been carved on up towards the fuse box. I can supply a picture if you’re still interested.

2. Heater/Radio panel (no controls, just the plastic cover panel)(if in very good shape with no cracks, breaks, etc)
Heater/Radio panel is NOT cracked, but it also has been carved on towards the bottom by a previous owner. I can send you a pic if you are still interested.

3. The ashtray
Ashtray, couldn’t find, most likely don’t have it. Sorry.

4. The valve cover (if it is the same as mine, reads "NISSAN 2400 OHC")
Had it at one time, probably buried in my parts stash. I dig for that this weekend.

5. Fuse box and cover (if in very good shape with no melts and has long pigtail)
Can’t find the cover but the fuse box appears to be in good unmolested condition, I’ll carefully remove it and get back to you this weekend on that.

6. Hand throttle (I know that I may never find one)
Nope, it was removed at some point in its past. Sorry.

7. Combo switch (the one that has the lights, wipers, and turn signals on it)
Yep, appears to be in good condition. I’ll see what I can do to test it for full functionality. I’ll get back to you this weekend with that as well.

8. JDM tail lights
JDM taillights? Sorry but I’m not familiar with the acronym JDM?

9. Tail light wiring harness
The sub harnesses going to the taillight clusters appear to be in good condition. I’ll remove them and give you a better description this weekend.

10. Pillar badges
The 240Z C-pillar badges were gone when I received the car, sorry.

There may be some others that are missing from this list but this will get us started.

If you have more on your list, just send me an E-mail with those parts and if you would like, I can send you pics of these and other parts if you give me your E-mail address.

Thank you for your interest,
Paul Ruschman

E-mail…

braapZ350@hotmail.com
Old 05-05-2005, 09:47 AM

280Z 5sp Shifter

I'm interested in buying the shifter if its a 5 speed. Also - the bottom seat cover on the drivers side if its in good shape. Thanks Doug
Old 05-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Doug,
The tranny is the ole monkey motion 4 speed and the seats are gone.

Sorry but thank you for your interest,
Paul Ruschman
Old 05-06-2005, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by BRAAP
Doug,
The tranny is the ole monkey motion 4 speed and the seats are gone.

Sorry but thank you for your interest,
Paul Ruschman
I'm curious...I've heard the 'monkey motion' phrase before. Can you tell me what this means?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 PM

Well, the old style trannies were a either a ‘50’s or ‘60’s design and as such the shift lever itself is attacehd to the trantny via a rubber mounted holder, (Sorry I’m not very good at explaining this part). These old trannies were more vague in shifter feel, (the feel is a lot like the cable shifters on some of todays front drivers), and these older trannies are a little more notchy compared to the later modern style rail type shifting trannies. I’ll be sure and attach a pic of this shifter for you when I send you all that info this weekend. I’ll try and get that to you by Saturday, though it may be Sunday.

Thanks again,
Paul Ruschman
Old 05-08-2005, 08:59 AM

Yes I have the carbs, intake, and throttle linkage, sorry no air cleaner though. The carbs and manifolds are in great condition, visually they look almost new. THE Choke cable is it eh car, but appears to be disconnected at the lever for some reason. (I’ll investigate that further and post what I find later today). I also have a Datsun engine bay inspection light from a newer Z car as well. I’ll take $175 for the complete early SU carb intake system including linkage to the pedal and pivot off the fire wall, choke cable if it is found to be in good condition, and inspection light for $175 including shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states.
If you are interested and would like pictures of the carbs and inspection light, send me an E-mail to…

braapZ350@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Paul Ruschman
Old 05-08-2005, 10:36 AM

Pulled out the choke cables and they are great, no problems. Choke cables included.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:20 PM

TexasZ,
I sent you those pictures and details of the parts you are interested in. Please let me know if you received them.

Paul Ruschman
Old 05-25-2005, 07:48 AM

BRAAP - how about these pcs from the 70z?

-front splash panel (center pc w/both corner pcs or at least the ds corner pc) on that 70 z
-fuse box-- fuse box cover (the pc that holds the ash tray - TexasZ might have gotten that already

I just sent you an email also
Old 05-26-2005, 07:38 PM

Z-Chief,
The center section of the lower valance is gone. Both left and right pieces are there. Passenger side is in good condition, driver side has a dent in it. Due to scheduling for this 3 day weekend, I won’t be able to take pics till possibly wed. Sorry for the delay.
The Fuse box was bought by Texas Z. You might be able to arm wrestle it him for it though, LOL.
I sent you an E-mail as well.

Thank you for your interest,
Paul Ruschman
Old 06-13-2005, 03:25 PM

I'm interested in the door latches ("C" shaped part on the body side plus guides), Hood latches, hatch latches including dovetails and guides, and the gas cap and flange. If you still have any of these parts, let me know.

Thanks

Jason
Old 06-15-2005, 05:52 PM

Jason,
Hood parts are gone. The "C" portion of the door latches and guides are in good condition. Gas cap is gone.

If you are interested in the door latch parts or have any other questions, please E-mail at…

Paul Ruschman
braapZ350@hotmail.com