ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/)
-   -   FI plugs from other vehicles (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/fi-plugs-other-vehicles-12600/)

Daeron 04-18-2005 12:37 AM

FI plugs from other vehicles

I thought i had bookmarked a page telling me about some GM car or something that had plugs in it which were usable in the 280Z's efi as replacements. the chief point i remember about the vehicle type was that there were at any given point about thirty of them in a junkyard.. very common.. unfortunately i cannot find this link, so i figured id shoot a thread out and see if anyone could help.

I'm looking to see what kinds of vehicles people have taken plugs out of and spliced them into their own wiring harness for the fuel injectors, etc. Specifically, id like to find a vehicle that is fairly common in a junkyard, so i can pick and choose and snip, and maybe get a good dozen or so to have on hand. its always good to replace 'em if in doubt, right?

anyways, thanks for the info

zpeedracer25 04-19-2005 08:56 AM

Have you tried going to your local parts store to see if they have replacement Bosch style injector connectors? I have replaced them before with new ones...think the shop I was at got them from Napa and they were fairly cheap.

zedaffair 05-17-2005 03:29 AM

You can pick up a new set of bosch injector connectors on ebay for a buy it now price of about $18.00. You would be much better off installing new ones if you're going to go through the work of replacing them.

Daeron 05-23-2005 12:20 AM

The entire purpose of my post was to solicit info on what OTHER vehicles we might be able to swap plugs in from.. i had read a post somewhere about someone using plugs off another vehicle that were easier to use and less prone to destruction. I'm going to build a rack to test fuel injectors, and im also going to put new plugs on my wiring harness. I'm trying to avoid spending 100 bucks on plastic plugs b using junkyard stock... and nothing from a junkyard is going into my car unless it is "like new." I appreciate the responses but i know these things :- ) I was just trying to go fishing for information

bigjoe 05-23-2005 04:43 AM

I think the motor your after might be the 3.8 V6 buick motor (in a Holden here). They are common as dirt here in Oz so you should have a hole bunch over there. But most people replace those injectors in favour of the skyline injectors.

Daeron 05-23-2005 10:07 PM

that sounds about right.. i tried a forum search here and on zcar.com and i couldnt find the original post, so it may have been a webpage i read it on.

its funny... as much fun as it is THINKING about what im going to do to this car, i cant imagine what its gonna be like finally tearing into it after driving it as a junker for four years. good times :- )

zbuild 05-25-2005 07:40 PM

I got all my injector plugs from a number of Japanese cars at the wreckers here in Australia. I cant remember what vehicle, but I remember that there were quite a lot of them about. Im running RX7 Series 5 injectors in mine (same clips as L28 injectors) and the clips fit them, so Id start by looking at Mazdas.
Cheers - Simon