ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/)
-   -   260z turbo swap (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/260z-turbo-swap-25014/)

snwbrderphat540 02-22-2008 05:45 AM

seafoam FTMFW!!!! i got cases of that shit in my garage since my dads a sales rep for them. there only like 20 people that work at seafoam. well other than the manufacturing plants, but thats a diff story. any one need seafoam come ssee me.

Mhinrichs 02-22-2008 09:14 AM

I woke today to a perfectly functioning injector. In my excitement I get dressed put on some coffee, took a sh*t and ran outside. To be faced with 4 inches of heavy wet snow. After a week of being in the 50`s. The Z is not in the shop cause, "The weathers so nice I`ll fix the injector in the sun." The fuel rail is pulled apart so I can`t get it back into the shop. I`m sure this is the fault of George Bush, I don`t know how, but I`m blaming him. When the snow actually lets up a little I will go work on my Z. But I can`t see the neighbors its so bad right now. We don`t need this. Bogus already has 100+" at the summit. Tamarack is even better. Why oh why can`t the snow stay in the mountains?

Ok snow be damned I worked on it. I gotta get a new injector. I went to shucks and ordered a neihoff replacement. I am gonna save the buick ones till I gots a IC and a boost controller. Tomorrow I`ll fix it. I am also replacing the brakes on Ricks Evo8 it should be a good day..... I`ll get evo8 pics cause I know you wanna see. And I want opinions on using the brakes and rotors offa one of those..

WildmaN 02-22-2008 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
That is Sea foam. Strait sea foam.

Thanks man, appreciate it. And how long did you soak the injector in it? Overnight? Guess I will be hitting the Auto store for some more seafoam. Thanks again. :)

snwbrderphat540 02-22-2008 01:59 PM

u said it was perfectly working.... so why do u need a new one? lol. where was ur justification on both those claims?

WildmaN 02-22-2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
seafoam FTMFW!!!! i got cases of that shit in my garage since my dads a sales rep for them. there only like 20 people that work at seafoam. well other than the manufacturing plants, but thats a diff story. any one need seafoam come ssee me.

That's cool, but I can get it locally down the street from my house. They carry it at the Pep Boys here. It is like $4 a can or something like that. I have already ran it through my oil, and fuel system. But since then I think it helped get junk out of my tank. And I am betting my fuel filter is clogged in the process. Anyway will save that for my thread. :wasted:

snwbrderphat540 02-22-2008 02:06 PM

i know man, i was just beein a lil sarcastic lol. but i really do have like a stack of seafoam products lol.

Mhinrichs 02-22-2008 02:08 PM

u said it was perfectly working.... so why do u need a new one? lol. where was ur justification on both those claims?

What I meant was that it was perfectly clean. Sometimes words don`t work right in the morning. Anyways. I put it back in the car and tried to run it to no avail. I think maybe it had old dried fuel because it had quit working. But it was worth trying to clean it. I did test the FI signal there though and that working. So I know its the injector. Sorry for the miss communication. I meant perfectly clean not working. I`ll try not to post first thing in the morning anymore. New injector here at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

snwbrderphat540 02-22-2008 02:21 PM

ive posted at like 7 am before, and i get it, but i still dont think if used the wrong word before lol. purdy funny! yeah dude sucks for you all my injectors worked lol.

also, since i sold my 260 for 3.2 k and i got my 280Z that is worth keeping, though i dont know if i will, im thinking about RB25 ing it. its soooo tempting... found a motor ecu and harness for 1500 (in fl though) it needs the tranny though and also has available a shit load of upgrades like the RB20 oil pan and sump for the S30 application. i just wish it had a tranny. either way, i realiezed how many friends and recources i have i can probably just find some one to help me fab up a tranny mount and two engine mounts, i already got the experience fo wire in a harness id just have to pay a shop to make me a drive shaft. thinking about that makes me all giddy and shit! lol. but i doubt it will happen, even though its for the first time feasable and would render me alotta money.

Mhinrichs 02-22-2008 02:33 PM

ive posted at like 7 am before, and i get it, but i still dont think if used the wrong word before lol. purdy funny! yeah dude sucks for you all my injectors worked lol.

I got this thing where I say whatever word comes to mind. When typing I can usually stop it. Its like the words left and right are interchangeable for me. Him and Her he and she. Stuff like that. It drives my family insane.

snwbrderphat540 02-22-2008 04:00 PM

yeah, i read everything i need to know to swap an RB25 into my car, and i could do it no problem, but then i just decided, yeah i dont feel like spending the 3k i just made and will just finish the 280 resto and sell it for bank and get me a Z32TT

duowing 02-22-2008 04:04 PM

Before you go buying new injectors do what I did, which I got the idea from jfairladyz a good while back.

He ran fuel line from a little tub mixed with fuel and injector cleaner, he ran that line to the fuel pump, then from the fuel pump to a fuel filter, then to the rail. Plugged off the return line, and then connected up the pump to the battery, and connected one injector at a time to the battery. This way the pump would pressurize the rail, and the only place the fuel/cleaner mixture could go was through the injector. I did this and noticed that some injectors were not spraying correctly. After doing this to each injector, eventually they all evened out. I got enough crap out of the injectors to clog up my fuel filter.

Oh and that little green LED on the ECU is for the O2 Sensor signal. It's how you tell if your O2 sensor is working or dead.

Mhinrichs 02-22-2008 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by duowing
Before you go buying new injectors do what I did, which I got the idea from jfairladyz a good while back.

He ran fuel line from a little tub mixed with fuel and injector cleaner, he ran that line to the fuel pump, then from the fuel pump to a fuel filter, then to the rail. Plugged off the return line, and then connected up the pump to the battery, and connected one injector at a time to the battery. This way the pump would pressurize the rail, and the only place the fuel/cleaner mixture could go was through the injector. I did this and noticed that some injectors were not spraying correctly. After doing this to each injector, eventually they all evened out. I got enough crap out of the injectors to clog up my fuel filter.

Oh and that little green LED on the ECU is for the O2 Sensor signal. It's how you tell if your O2 sensor is working or dead.

My injector is not getting fuel through it. Its just not working, I think it stopped which allowed the fuel to get all gummy. I`m not getting fuel through it at all. Its dead. I am getting signal for it to fire. Its just gone bad.

Mhinrichs 02-23-2008 10:43 AM

Mkay, I got the new injector and put it in. Fired it up and it ran great. For about a minute. It started missing again. So I trouble shoot and find now, my number one injector isnt getting fuel proper fuel through it. Its gummy too. But still firing some. So I decide to give it the seafoam treatment. Well just as I decide that it starts to sputter and miss and sound like crap and I was like "What the hell." Then the unthinkable. It died. Just like that kicked back and died. Needless to say I`m starting to freak out and lose my temper and get real angry. Well the wife walks up and asks whats wrong. I tell her and she looks at me and figures it all out in about a second. Shes says to me "When was the last time you put gas in it?"

Damnedable Z car. I swear I`m gonna sell it. Or set it on Fire. Video and pics later tonite.

raythenegr0 02-23-2008 11:47 AM

also, since i sold my 260 for 3.2 k and i got my 280Z that is worth keeping, though i dont know if i will, im thinking about RB25 ing it. its soooo tempting... found a motor ecu and harness for 1500 (in fl though) it needs the tranny though and also has available a shit load of upgrades like the RB20 oil pan and sump for the S30 application. i just wish it had a tranny. either way, i realiezed how many friends and recources i have i can probably just find some one to help me fab up a tranny mount and two engine mounts, i already got the experience fo wire in a harness id just have to pay a shop to make me a drive shaft. thinking about that makes me all giddy and shit! lol. but i doubt it will happen, even though its for the first time feasable and would render me alotta money.

Hey snw, if it's near Orlando I can go check it ou for you and see if it's straight.

snwbrderphat540 02-23-2008 12:52 PM

hmmm... that would be pretty sweet. yeah i posted a reply its on hybridz classifieds in the parts for sale section. if its near you and you wanna check it out that be cool man. cause he didnt answer my post yet anyways. should be titled RB25/20 parts or something like that. im still interested at times in doing the swap, and then i re-think it and go... i dont wanna... but who knows..... who knows....

raythenegr0 02-23-2008 12:54 PM

I'll check it out and see if I can find the same guy on floridadrift or Orlandoforums for contact information.

I'm just waiting for my checks (bi weekly) so I can send you the rest so sorry about the wait.

snwbrderphat540 02-23-2008 01:03 PM

im freakin out man!!!! lol, i drove the 260 around the other day and it was goin good. drove it today and it kept sittin on its face after a full pull and then a shift, i think im outta gas!!! lol. plus the battery seems to have stopped holding a full charge. so im gonna have to get you a new one now :(

Mhinrichs 02-23-2008 01:45 PM

im freakin out man!!!! lol, i drove the 260 around the other day and it was goin good. drove it today and it kept sittin on its face after a full pull and then a shift, i think im outta gas!!! lol. plus the battery seems to have stopped holding a full charge. so im gonna have to get you a new one now :(

HAHA gas sucks. Its still not running right. I think its running worse. I think I need to replace the other 5 injectors. I think I`ll just get the big ones outa the buick. Its still missing. And now It is acting all weird. I am gonna shoot it.

raythenegr0 02-23-2008 02:40 PM

lol, okay so I went out and checked out the ad.

It's in Miami, thats a 4 hour drive lawwwlz.

snwbrderphat540 02-23-2008 02:41 PM

what kinda gas is in it? old? id suggest replacing the injectors with the buiks since they are 300 compared to 270's no big fawkin deal a little tweakin on the AFM thats it. then, run a can of seafoam through the intake cleaning up the valves, and drain the gas tank, replace the fuel filters, blow out the fuel lines and re-insert new premium gas. after that start it (put another can of seafoam in teh gas to) and then also check the fuel pressure. got a guage? is the FPR there and hooked up? and ur sure about the timing being set right? got the timing light aimed it at the crank matched it up? other wise go over and clean ALL the connections on the harness, AFM, TPS, ECU, etc.... go now while its still light out.

Mhinrichs 02-23-2008 07:33 PM

what kinda gas is in it? old? id suggest replacing the injectors with the buiks since they are 300 compared to 270's no big fawkin deal a little tweakin on the AFM thats it. then, run a can of seafoam through the intake cleaning up the valves, and drain the gas tank, replace the fuel filters, blow out the fuel lines and re-insert new premium gas. after that start it (put another can of seafoam in teh gas to) and then also check the fuel pressure. got a guage? is the FPR there and hooked up? and ur sure about the timing being set right? got the timing light aimed it at the crank matched it up? other wise go over and clean ALL the connections on the harness, AFM, TPS, ECU, etc.... go now while its still light out.

Yeah I`m sure the timings good. I`d already cleaned the tank and replaced filters and cleaned gas line. I think the injectors are just gummed up. It sat for awhile before I got it. I`m gonna swap injectors tomorrow. I`ll get pictures of the process. I already sea foamed it. Its still not getting proper fuel. I know cause its missing and if I hit the gas while driving it just dies. Blech dead. I had this problem with my talon, was dirty injectors. I am also gonna rebuild the engine soon. I think the valve seals are going bad.

snwbrderphat540 02-24-2008 01:19 AM

did u do a compression check? and seeing as it seems you covered it all, ill mention the one you didnt bring up. cleaning ALL EVER DAMN ****ING ONE OF THEM connectors and contacts on the EFI harness. and re-bending all the mini spade clip types.

Mhinrichs 02-24-2008 02:14 AM

did u do a compression check? and seeing as it seems you covered it all, ill mention the one you didnt bring up. cleaning ALL EVER DAMN ****ING ONE OF THEM connectors and contacts on the EFI harness. and re-bending all the mini spade clip types.

Yeah compression. And yeah cleaned and Bent. Its just like my girl. High maintenance.

Mhinrichs 02-24-2008 04:12 PM

Its ALIVE!!! Ok got the big injectors and the afm adjusted and all that and fire it up and it runs.... then starts missing on 1 then runs then misses and I am playing with it. I think the clip isn`t making good connection to the injector.(its been cleaned and bent) Anyways so I test drive it and it bogs for a second then starts firing on all 6 and dear jebus. I think I had an orgazime. It was flat out insane. I`m in love. I`ll get video tomorrow as the camera is now dead. I think I`m gonna switch out the injector clips for those from the buick that donated the injectors.

WildmaN 02-24-2008 04:21 PM

Right on man, glad to hear you finally got it worked out. Go take a nice drive. And definately looking forward to some video of it. Rock on man!