Site Brainstorming Forum for brainstorming ideas on the site and products related to zdriver.com.

Time for new logo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Snazzy Title

Time for new logo?

Ok,

Before we do all the new stuff for zdriver related products what do you guys think about a new logo? I have used logoworks in the past but don't have the capital right now to just dump $500 their way for a logo refresh.

http://www.logoworks.com/Logo-design-logomakeover.html
http://www.logoworks.com/automotive-logos.html

I would toss in $100 towards the logo rebranding, but I would also need donations from the site at this point, I could setup a few options.

- premium memberships (30 a year)

Right now this would get you animated avatars, custom titles, and later this year hopefully some t-shirts and stickers with new logos.

- one time donation

Just a one time donation, I really need feedback if you guys even think it's worth it, I would think a new logo would be nice and I can also get all the artwork needed for banners all in high quality format which would go further in the future.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:03 PM

i think you should go as yearly thing...this will give you more traffic...and 30 a year is nothing...everyone could do it...rather then getting 20 dollars once and thats it....
Old 05-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Snazzy Title

If we get some ideas we can definetly get up to 10 revisions made for us.

The reason I'm asking a professional to do it is they will give me all the right image formats for print shops and everything else at high resolution so that the shirts/cups/banners will all be easy to make and less pain in the long run, I'm thinking more long term than just short term. My past experiences with getting people on the forums to do it end up less than perfect

I do like the orginal Z logo Post more pics in here so we can get some ideas and if I generate the cash I'll submit it for the work to see what we can come up with and post the revisions here.

Originally Posted by ASA240z
personally I like the Zdriver logo the way it is now, probably must people would agree. IMO the only thing I would ever change is the Z and make it look more like the orginal Z on the 240z-280zx. The Z right now, looks like the ones from the 300zx-350z which I find to be rather plain when compared to the original.

Anyway if you decide to change, maybe we can have a contest by having members create logos and posting them on the site. It'll be a great way to get different ideas and perspective on how the Z community should be represented.

Attachment 4651
this is the orginal "Z" I am talking about.

Later,

Allen
Old 05-10-2006, 01:11 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i dig the logo we have right now. no need to change it.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Keep the logo. What would Nissan be without the hamburger? Or Ford without the Blue Oval? Or Honda or Acura or ??????
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 AM

I say keep the same logo (I already ordered stickers )
Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Same here keep the logo, I ordered stickers also, in blue and silver. And as for the premium membership thing. I don't like websites or clubs with fees. I believe it gets too political, and I am no longer interested. Just my 2 cents on this subject.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
caught the z fever

kinda different topic, but

can we get back the pics of the Zs at the top right of the page for each generation specific forum? instead of that goooooooogle thing.