Site Brainstorming Forum for brainstorming ideas on the site and products related to zdriver.com.

Looking for a home

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Looking for a home

Hello my name is Lewis and I am looking for a home to post a series or how-to segments on restoring a 280zx. I have been a bodytech and painter for well over a decade and feel like sharing my knowledge with others. The car I have begun to revive is already on this site in the gallery, https://www.zdriver.com/forums/members/mugumbo-36243-albums-one-dollar-z-273/, and I plan to have it finished by June 1st. If there is already a place on this site to post lots of photos/ video along with instructions and a place for questions to be asked by fellow members of the community please steer me in that direction. I dont really see a spot in the forums now for something like this. I am not even sure this is a good idea but I think people will really learn allot about how to fix some minor body and paint issues at home and also see what materials and techniques are used to repair minor and major rust damage. Please respond with any ideas or suggestions.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:29 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

We do have an area of our forum called General Tech but threads are only added upon administrator / moderator approval. So, create a progress thread, and we will add it to that section once complete. Your build is very welcomed and appreciated. Please make sure your pictures and write up / explanations are clear.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Well after much thought and research I just went ahead and built my own website to host the restoration of my Z. http://www.1DollarZ.com is its home and I have dug deep into this car already. The full back story is on my site along with a link to this site... Without forums like this one here I would know very little about my Z car. Thank you all.