Other Cars Discuss any info on other vehicles in here.

Are you f-in kidding me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:03 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Are you f-in kidding me?

This has to be one of the worst Datsun trucks, I have ever seen. Take a look, I about puked in my mouth.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/2044181672.html
Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by WildmaN
This has to be one of the worst Datsun trucks, I have ever seen. Take a look, I about puked in my mouth.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/2044181672.html
And that truck has sold at one point for around 5k+

It may not be your style but I don't see you putting together a completely custom cantilever suspension in your Z to be bashing the work done on that build, and IMO honestly the original builder of that truck has immense amounts of skill and style.

I mean there could easily on some other site be a thread about someone who painted the interior of their Z blue like kids do with Honda Civics. Catch my drift?

Last edited by 280zx2by2; 11-14-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

What the ****. thats a neat ratrod but It also sucks at the same time
Old 11-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Political n00b crusher

Simply hideous. Thats guy should be banned from ever owning another Datsun.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:20 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
And that truck has sold at one point for around 5k+

It may not be your style but I don't see you putting together a completely custom cantilever suspension in your Z to be bashing the work done on that build, and IMO honestly the original builder of that truck has immense amounts of skill and style.

I mean there could easily on some other site be a thread about someone who painted the interior of their Z blue like kids do with Honda Civics. Catch my drift?
That's because I would never be that stupid. I have grown out of all the stupid things younger people do. I have tastes for things that are nicely, and tastefully done. Not something that is ruined or chopped, and think they are cool. I think the guy is 50 watts short of a light bulb. And should have village idiot written on his forehead.

One thing I can't stand is a slammed dropped truck. Never cared for them, and it makes the truck utterly useless. If I have a truck, I want one, that I can haul stuff with. And still look nice, and sporty. Not slammed, because I think it is cool. Which it is not.

And what does painting an interior of Z blue like a Honda color. Have to do, with what this topic is? No I don't catch your drift. You are not making any sense.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:20 PM
i felld offa mai trike

his drift is that you're a retard and should learn to appreciate other styles of cars besides the "sitting beside the house and never running" style that you seem to be into.

like it or not, that truck has a SHITLOAD of work into it and that's what makes it cool. although if it were me, I'd be that low with a static drop. yeeee
Old 11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by PurePontiacKid
his drift is that you're a retard and should learn to appreciate other styles of cars besides the "sitting beside the house and never running" style that you seem to be into.

like it or not, that truck has a SHITLOAD of work into it and that's what makes it cool. although if it were me, I'd be that low with a static drop. yeeee

Style?

Wait wut?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Primer Grey FTW!

yes, he is talented as a fabricator, but I've often wondered if the reason for making a rat rod is because your not good at finish work. the guys that paint rust and grim on make a finished product. the ones that half-way tack fenders together, I don't know maybe that's the look he wanted it just doesn't look finished to me.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:31 PM
The Good Twin

Wow! That is sick!

If that truck was some kind of rare collector car, I would say "what the hell!?"... but it's his, and can do whatever he wants to it.

It's definitely a shoh-stoppa!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Tough Guy

that thing would be parked in front of a tattoo shop.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Excuse me? For your information, I got my Z running this past week. It is now my daily driver. You should pay attention to my posts, before you post such fiction. Besides all that, I don't need to prove anything to you or anybody else. I could care less what other people think. I was posting the add, and say how I felt about it. Not for somebody to cut me down. Have a nice day.

And it can have a bunch of work to it. Doesn't mean anything to me. I still think it is a waste of a truck, and stupid. I feel so bad for the poor truck. Or for the people that have to look at it every day. And that is my opinion. End of story.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:35 AM
Political n00b crusher

Nancy Pelosi has had alot of work done on her also.....and she's still ugly.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
i felld offa mai trike

wait, don't you have another ZX, a Firebird and some other shitbox sitting around rotting?

you can say your opinion all you want, but this is the internet, and my opinion is the right one.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah?! Freak this!!!

It looks like it'd be fun to drive just because it's unique. I don't like the engine sticking out of the hood, only because it's not a blown v8 . Wish there were better pics of the work done, it looks like a hack job. I'd give him $500 for it...
Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Name:  39468_131283913583033_100001042749191_184994_5264684_n.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  79.7 KB

Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Political n00b crusher

Its starting to grow on me a little bit.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

i kinda dig it
Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

Was that beer keg his gastank?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:08 PM
The Good Twin

I take it the concept of "Ratrods" is still new to some?

Rat Rod definition: A Rat Rod is a newly developed name for the original hot rod style of the early 1950's. A Rat Rod is usually a vehicle that has had many of it't non-critical parts removed. They are usually finished in primer or paints that are often period correct. They are very often a conglomeration of parts and pieces of different makes, models and after market parts. The term "rat rod" was first used by the high dollar, show cars guys to describe the low-buck, home built drivers. Don't forget the roots of the hobby (streetrods), it was the little guy in a garage on a budget (with help from his friends) that started it all.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Über User

I wouldn't wan't it, but I do like staring at it. The interior is what would kill me though... It needs to be stripped more or finished a bit more. Cause otherwise it just looks like hobo's have been pissing on the seats. that is my one and only complaint.

And dude, its a 620 pickup, lol. Who gives a ****. It's not and never will be a collectible nor useful! what's that things max bed load or towing capability? an infant?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM
The Evil Twin

I want a him to build me a 350Z
Old 11-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I have a present for you...

I've seen a lot of Z cars that should be called a rat rod. Personnally I think it's awesome. Takes me back to the days when life was simpler. A friend of mine in High School had a model A that was chopped sectioned and patched together like that with a stock 283 and 3 speed. Turned a low 12 second 1/4 mile because it only weighed 1200 lbs. After one pass they kicked him out for safety reasons. Happy Days! Drag racing on Saturday night at the old river road, gone but not forgotten!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Big Poppa

i know another datsun site that where people mostly like that truck. it has its function and it serves that.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

wait, don't you have another ZX, a Firebird and some other shitbox sitting around rotting?

you can say your opinion all you want, but this is the internet, and my opinion is the right one.
What's it to you? And no they are not rotting. I live in Arizona, where things take a long time to rust. All of my cars have a future. I am just a terrible procrastinator. And of course, money is always the obstacle in my projects. Besides all that, I busted my a$$ for everything that I have. I have my own place. So it gives me the freedom to do what I want.

And yes everybody has their own opinion. That is what makes us different. So all aside, I would appreciate it. If you would keep the insults, and negativity to yourself. I have not said anything negative or insulting to you in quite a while. So I would appreciate it, if you would refrain. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well it looks like, I have created quite a war. Starting this thread. I never intended on that to happen. We all have our own opinions. Likes and dislikes. The truck is not my taste, nor my cup of tea. But...for other people, it is what they like. Now it doesn't mean, I am going to accept it. But I will learn to tolerate it. Does that sound good?

All aside..I have had some things going on this past couple of weeks or so. And my head is a mess right now. I had a death in the family. And I really don't know how to feel. Or deal with it. So everybody bare with me. And thanks.

Quick Reply: Are you f-in kidding me?