Midwest Region Includes CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Spring 2008 Meet Minnesota

Old 12-06-2007, 05:23 PM

Spring 2008 Meet Minnesota

Dave and I have been talking about the spring meet. We want it to be bigger than our first meet of the year last year at hooters where we had 14 cars show. So we are going to start early so everyone can plan on it. Here is Dave's post from Tech

Steve and I have been mulling over a big meet for quite a while now, so we've decided to start an official thread to lay down some plans. We figured that if we plan this months in advance, people in the area can suggest places to meet, things to do, and plan their day on the calendar so they aren't surprised when the day comes.

I've been doing a lot of driving lately around the Twin Cities area, and every time I'm out I look for ideas and locations to bring our cars together. There are so many places to hang out at, so many scenic roads to drive, and just tons of businesses that would be happy to have us there.

One idea is to meet up at a rally point early on a Saturday, drive around some country roads for a few hours, then end up at Steve's house for a massive BBQ or grill party. Or we could take it into the cities and make stops at the major hot spots and cool parks to have a picnic there.

I know we had planned something in Hudson, WI last summer. Unfortunately, people were busy and couldn't make up their minds on when and what. So now we're going to start making some definite plans and stick to an event. I'm sure there'll be some kind of auto event in the spring. Maybe we can do a weekend thing at Brainerd.

Let's hear some ideas and suggestions. I'm thinking we should plan this big outing for late April or early May, depending on the weather and road conditions. Probably the biggest obstacle is that we need to pick a place and plan the event, then we can worry about the timing.