The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Never buy forclosures !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM

Never buy forclosures !!!!!!!!

Well half way through my project. Nice day until the state rolls up in their d.e.p truck. Bought my farm in 2007 for 88750 in forclosure. 34 acres spent all this time remodeling the house and barn. With the former owners kin liveing all around me. So in tottal 14 cars 23 rideing lawn mowers 3 out buildings must be removed in 30 days. Or its 300.00 a day in fines. No papers on the cars. However I can cut them in half so the yard can take them. Thinking of useing my 3 point on my farmall super H to throw them on a fifth wheel then saws all them. Torch well im going to burn them up and add issues. What sucks it they are a 80s-60s frame on cars n trucks. Anyone have any ideas? Wonder if i Crush them with my buddies bob cat the junk yards could take them? All this because my neighbor cookie cut theyre land and changed our zoneing. First one to bitch over his uncles lovely scrap.!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 PM
The Good Twin

So they are all junked (non-op) cars? Just call a few local junk yards... some should offer free towing and probably pay you $100-$200 each.

The lawn mowers... put up on Craigslist (lots of people looking for lawn mowers in the spring).

The buildings... are they metal sheds? Actual buildings with footings?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Here is a wonderful veiw of my neighbors gas well getting started. And a nice pic of what the state wants us to dispose. We are so killing the planet. and at the same time the junkyard needs proof we didnt steal this car.
Attached Thumbnails Never buy forclosures !!!!!!!!-10149034-large.jpg   Never buy forclosures !!!!!!!!-junk.jpg  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Lesnocker
and at the same time the junkyard needs proof we didnt steal this car.
lol... exactly. I've had that problem with several cars.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 PM

Yea two were eqiupment sheds with no footing locust post /tin knock it over with our old subaru wagon. The last was a old milking station. heavy concrete and steel. The cars range from that old dart and 40/s whatever do belive thats a old desoto. Pa has laws requireing cars be junked with proper title. Our local yard requires them atleast cut up. so im thinking running them over with the bob cat.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 PM

The mowers are garbage at some point they had a repair biz. They will be gone tomarrow with my buddies 20 ft 5th wheel cant wait to see that get passed our narrow drive lol. What did you end up doing with your cars? If i dont use our local guy its a 45 min one way drive. with a dumbass that bought the f250 with the v 10-gas job
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 PM
The Good Twin

I had to sawsall them into big chunks and dump them at the landfill's metal section... not fun.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM

Yup this is going to suck. guess better to flip them cut the frames scoop them onto the trailor and nail the roof and floor scraps down I called today its roughly 3.95 a hundred. Lucky my wife has a bunch of hillbilly teens cousins n such . so fun for them = less labor on my part.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM

Titles

what if one of the junkers you have was a rare gem, what could you do to trace down or replace the titles... get a salvage title perhaps ? They are sure making it difficult to scrap a car. Good plan to crush or cut them up. Could sell tickets, and have folks pound on them with a sledge hammer for a buck a swing or something. Make a few bucks for charity and get the cars reduced to ruble.

Last edited by PredatorZ; 04-16-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM

Sadly the rare gem we do have is a 1970 hurst 442 olds with the duel shift 455. black with gold stripe. Trunk is gone and the front firewall/floor area. I already towed it into the barn with my Datsun's. Pa is horriable with regulations. In order for me to title the olds I need to locate the owner. Who is dead. Track down the next of kin and tell them I have a 15000.00 car as it sits. Have them note the car with death cert. File a missing title they sign then I sign that title. Or do what my pot head buddie did. Bought a non tittled 98 jeep grand cherokee for 350.00 and swap over vins from his 93. sweet rust free jeep 93k 318 perfect condition for 350.00 bucks. Just because a couple got divoriced and the husband left the state with the jeep being in his name. I guess they want to stop fraud and chop shops in the state. I really dont want to play games with time. Plus the dart in my wifes pick has a few snakes. better just to get this done lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM

Honestly you guys in more relaxed states should check out Pittsburgh's craigslist. Not haveing a title is HUGE here cant even scrap it without cutting it up. So ALOT of cars 200.00 - 500.00 plus a few for shipping. Hell a few weeks ago was a CLEAN 84 trans-am formula 150.00 No title no key. "foreclosed house find" just a thought
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 PM

land of lawyers

Wow, incredibly crazy laws, I wonder what the logic behind making it almost impossible in may situations to title an abandoned car. Such a shame. I would bypass your state altogether and title out of state if possible.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Its regulation over regulation. Its miserable. They seem to belive in grandmothers code of morals. Cars are transportation only. So they pass laws that hamper modified,classic,offroad and any performance. Lol if they had more power they would make us all drive silver 2002 taurus's. We can't buy booze on sundays. Beer is only sold at bars or beer distributors. Welcome to pa the offical date is april 19 1954 FOREVER .
Old 04-21-2013, 08:07 PM

Back to the Future

What a shame there is so much regulation to protect you from yourself. It's so very nice to be so well protected. Sounds like the 442 has seen better days, but like you probably know, a well restored example can be worth mega bucks. Sounds like a specific job for your region would be "Auto Title Detective" . Sorry to hear the authorities frown on having fun of any kind. So I'm guessing Pot is very illegal, no medical marijuana shops on every corner. Although from the sound of it they need to smoke one and relax just a bit.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 AM

What I was told by a collector 15k if its numbers matching. Did sell a 67 Chevy truck out of the Pyle for a cool 800.00 he may be back for the olds. We played with it Saturday night. All we got was dash lights. Its the convert able so mice snakes cats all had turns in the interior. Hell I'll take 3 for it today. Know that 455 is worth some money being a original w-30
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

That sucks that the government is screwing you over. I would tell them to shove it up their you know what. I am so sick of regulations, and the government taking our money, and our freedoms. Politicians can all just go off and die. And that 442 is worth a lot just the condition it is. That is my brother's dream car. A 1970 442. Hope you get it all sorted out, it really sucks man.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 PM

Woot Wildman

Ditto on that Brother ! It's really a messed up situation anymore. Time for a revolution !
Old 04-27-2013, 05:48 AM

Thanks for the support men. Down to the last 3 today. Burnt what's left of the buildings. Did laugh at the pot comment. All the bullshit we all went though the last 10 years we should all be handed a big ol doobie. wife is trying to get my trusty yet rusty 87 Subaru gl on the trailer. Told her woman they can take my freedom. But they will never take my WAGON!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:51 AM

You are so funny

Had to say I got a good laugh from your last post, sounds like the wife was trying to do a little more cleaning up than you wanted, my GF was all over me for my extra cars in the back yard, I finally caved in and sold my 77 280, engine was gone and I didn't have a place to work on it, so I gave in, regret it now too. The ladies are always trying to keep us in check, for me its a good thing... at least someone cares, even if it seems misguided at times, always appreciated.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Update. Olds has been sold! Guy at the wrecking yard wanted it for a clone project. Sad few days she will be stripped raped and the lil bits thrown out. Because of our stupid state. Least my misery is over and the place is cleaned up. Even though the inspector warned me they may be back to do ground tests for lead and mercury since more than 10 cars equals an illegal scrapyard
Attached Thumbnails Never buy forclosures !!!!!!!!-28094292_2x.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 05:01 PM

our city has the same rules, it states cars not licensed currently must be stored inside. a full tarp cover is inside if on pavement i know old post but might help others