The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My Dream Guitar

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks guys. Okay here is another one from last night. Me playing Blackened while my friend is singing in the background. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwPLY...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Political n00b crusher

Excellent man! I noticed you even threw in some Edward Van Halen two-hands-on-the-fretboard tapping. Good job!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Thanks man, appreciate it. Here is another video of my covering Creeping Death by Metallica. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT4-S...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Last weekend I started recording me singing karaoke also. There is a video of me doing Judas Priest "Victim Of Changes" I am going to have more videos of me playing guitar tonight on Judas Priest, Metallica, and possibly Iron Maiden.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by WildmaN
^ Thanks man, appreciate it. Here is another video of my covering Creeping Death by Metallica. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT4-S...ature=youtu.be
Good job man!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I wanted to revive this thread again. I recently got 2 more guitars last week used. And just picked up one, I have been searching for almost 20 years. I am super stoked, and will post pics when I get around to it. I have to wait for my recent one to come to my door.

The guitars are:
Ibanez GSA60 model (black): Basic model, but will be putting a floating tremolo bridge on it, and probably EMG pickups. So I can play metal, and solo with it. The thing I like about it as well as the looks. Is that is has a nice clean tone when I play it.

Hohner Telecaster copy: Looks like a sunburst finished Telecaster. It plays real nice, and is good for blues and hard rock.

And now last but certainly not least. One I have been searching for for almost 20 years.

Memphis Explorer style with a Sunburst finish: Granted, the one I had years ago was black. But I can't be too picky, because this guitar is super rare. I have been looking a long time. And finally found it on ebay. I just won it this morning. It has Humbucker pickups, and brand new strings on it.

Pics will follow soon. I will try to post some of the other two guitars tonight. Oh here is what the Memphis looks like. Ironically, this is the same one I won. He put it on Craigslist as well as Ebay.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Political n00b crusher

Pretty cool. I wasn't even aware that Memphis made an Explorer-shaped guitar. I remember a friend of my brother had a Memphis Les Paul copy....didn't really sound much different than a Gibson.

Looking forward to the pics of the other two, especially the Telecaster.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:10 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I have some time before work. So I will post pics of the two guitars I got last week. Enjoy!
Name:  005-4.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  55.8 KB
Name:  004-3.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  54.8 KB
Name:  003-5.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  60.0 KB
Name:  002-8.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  56.3 KB
Name:  001-5.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  50.1 KB

Don't worry....The Grateful Dead sticker will be taken off here soon. I hate stickers on cars and guitars. lol
Old 06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Political n00b crusher

Really like the Tele. Used to have a sunburst one like that, except it has a white pickguard, and a maple neck.

The Ibanez is pretty cool too. Like the double cutaway Strat type body.

You're starting to develope quite a collection!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Really like the Tele. Used to have a sunburst one like that, except it has a white pickguard, and a maple neck.

The Ibanez is pretty cool too. Like the double cutaway Strat type body.

You're starting to develope quite a collection!
Yeah I am aren't I? lol I am going to get a multi rack which holds up to seven guitars. So now I have 6 electrics, and one acoustic. 3 Jackson's, 1 Ibanez, 1 Hohner, and the 1 Memphis. I can't wait to get that one.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Yeah I am aren't I? lol I am going to get a multi rack which holds up to seven guitars. So now I have 6 electrics, and one acoustic. 3 Jackson's, 1 Ibanez, 1 Hohner, and the 1 Memphis. I can't wait to get that one.
I sold one of my white Strats, the standard one with the three single coils because I never played it anymore, so I'm down to 5 electrics and 3 acoustics . The 60th anniversary white HSS Strat is my number 1 axe plus I have another white Mexican Strat HSS with a Floyd Rose, a standard sunburst Strat I've had forever, a red Mexican Telecaster, and the green Jackson V (I don't play it too much because its uncomfortable to play sitting down.....but its looks cool in my living room!).

Wouldn't mind getting a EVH Wolfgang, a Gibson or Jackson Explorer (forgot what the Jackson version is called), and maybe a Les Paul, although pricey. I need to stay off Ebay!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
I sold one of my white Strats, the standard one with the three single coils because I never played it anymore, so I'm down to 5 electrics and 3 acoustics . The 60th anniversary white HSS Strat is my number 1 axe plus I have another white Mexican Strat HSS with a Floyd Rose, a standard sunburst Strat I've had forever, a red Mexican Telecaster, and the green Jackson V (I don't play it too much because its uncomfortable to play sitting down.....but its looks cool in my living room!).

Wouldn't mind getting a EVH Wolfgang, a Gibson or Jackson Explorer (forgot what the Jackson version is called), and maybe a Les Paul, although pricey. I need to stay off Ebay!
The Jackson you are referring to is the Kelly model. Which I have. It has the same kind of shape as an explorer, but a little different to set it apart and make it a Jackson original. And yeah Ebay is addictive. lol

As for the V. Just put it between your legs, and get a l shaped flat ended cord. So you can set it in that position. That is how I play it sitting down.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:09 AM

Attached Thumbnails My Dream Guitar-guitar.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Nice man, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I am getting so frustrated with playing that it depresses me. No I am not looking for sympathy or anything. Just a common musicians block. I play pretty good for the first 5-10 minutes. Then I just completely suck. I have come to realize I don't have a flow nor do I have any rythm. I can't come up with my own stuff, that sounds good to me. I don't know, just venting. Considering it is my thread. Oh well....off to bed.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:02 AM

It really is difficult to play a King V... but yes, a nice axe.

I prefer the Kelley, myself.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Back from the dead. Here is a video I just randomly recorded earlier this evening. Enjoy and feel free to comment.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Primer Grey FTW!

cool!!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here is a one of my original songs I came up with last month. It is a rough draft, and after I tweak it some more I will make and post a better one. Enjoy and feel free to comment. The song is called "Escape Through The Dark" It is pretty much an instrumental.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Nice

Is that all you have to do is noodle on your guitar and work on your car? Sounds like the perfect life. Add some beers, a little "medication" and a nice lady and you have everything needed. I have always wanted to learn to play, but never really got serious about it, I'm very jealous, keep it up WildmaN, you do have that Ted Nugent vibe happening. I think if you combined aspects of the guitar work in both videos you might have a pretty catchy tune, IMHO. For refernce, some of my fav bands atm, lamb of god, slipknot, metallica (except st anger), Bullet for my valentine.. etc, pretty much anything with good guitar and drums. That had to be a drum machine backing you up, playing with a real drummer help too, as I'm sure you know, playing off each other, and pushing each other is what I love about Live music.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by PredatorZ
Is that all you have to do is noodle on your guitar and work on your car? Sounds like the perfect life. Add some beers, a little "medication" and a nice lady and you have everything needed. I have always wanted to learn to play, but never really got serious about it, I'm very jealous, keep it up WildmaN, you do have that Ted Nugent vibe happening. I think if you combined aspects of the guitar work in both videos you might have a pretty catchy tune, IMHO. For refernce, some of my fav bands atm, lamb of god, slipknot, metallica (except st anger), Bullet for my valentine.. etc, pretty much anything with good guitar and drums. That had to be a drum machine backing you up, playing with a real drummer help too, as I'm sure you know, playing off each other, and pushing each other is what I love about Live music.
Thanks man, appreciate it. And I wish that is all I had to do. I work a full time job, and have tons of things going on. lol I don't pick up the guitar as often as I should. I can't keep a schedule on it, and get lazy. Anyway my favorite bands are...Rush, Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Symphony X, Savatage. Then the others are....Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and a lot of European Metal bands, which mostly have a neo classical influence and style. Of course my favorite style of music is Progressive Rock and Metal.

Anyway thanks for the post and compliments. Keep watching for more in the near future.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here is another video I recorded last year. It is mostly riffing and soloing with no particular pattern. It is what helps give me ideas for future songs. Enjoy..
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 AM

In 1983 I bought a Gibson at pawn shop for 200 then sold it in 2005
for a grand. Like this one.

Not that I play more like played with.

Not long ago I picked up Gibson acoustic guitar at garage sale for 15 bucks
and a cigarette .
BGM
Old 08-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Political n00b crusher

I recently picked this up:

Its an EVH Striped Series "Frankenstrat" replica. I originally picked it up as a collector guitar and as a decoration for my living room, but it has quickly become my number 1 guitar! This thing kicks ***, great tone and great playability. And positively won't go out of tune....no matter how much you lay into the whammy bar! Also, the overall quality is awesome, especially for a cheaper, Mexican-made guitar.

I never play my Fenders anymore. I'm thinking about picking up another EVH guitar, in black & yellow.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:04 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Nice guys, thanks for keeping the thread alive! Been really busy these past few months. So much going on. I do try and pick up my guitar once a week or so. But at times, it is longer before I do. I have a lot going on.

Quick Reply: My Dream Guitar