The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My Dream Guitar

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:34 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by thxone
If there was any guitar that fit you any better, it would still be a King V. Looks good man. Now, lower that guitar so that the toggle switch is crotch level, then you will look a little more comfortable you have long arms so you should still have a good grip on the strings.

I tried lowering it, after I read this. I can't play with it that low. Where you see it in the pics, is where I am comfortable playing it. Thanks for the tip though man. I gave it a shot, but I play horrible, with it hanging that low. WildmaN's comment

I have just been playing around with a Jackson Dinky Reverse and my new Zoom 505II pedal, it sounds real nice for metal. I will be getting a Dean Vendetta guitar here soon and doing my thing to it. What I mean is I will be taking out the stock pickups and replacing them with either a matched set of Duncan JB's (SH-4, TB-4) or going with what I have always swapped in, Dimarzio Tone Zone DP155 (bridge pickup) and the Air Norton DP193 (neck pickup) they sound so sweet together. I am sure I will go with the Dimarzio's....I always do.

Right on man, sounds cool. I might think about looking into it. Meanwhile, you never told me where to get a loop pedal, to practice my soloing. If you could tell me more about it, that would be cool bro'
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Right on man, sounds cool. I might think about looking into it. Meanwhile, you never told me where to get a loop pedal, to practice my soloing. If you could tell me more about it, that would be cool bro'

Well here is a start my friend: I would go with the first pedal and you can also check local music stores for their opinions on loop pedals and check local pawn shops.

Boss (Sam Ash Music)

Boss (Musicians Friend)

More pedals (Ebay)
Old 06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Doesn't post much...

WildmaN...

Z Lover

Guitar God

Rod.

P.S. By the way... Those bracelets are gonna ***** up yer git-tar.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
WildmaN...

Z Lover

Guitar God

Rod.

P.S. By the way... Those bracelets are gonna ***** up yer git-tar.
I agree with the Z lover part, as for the guitar god part. I am nowhere near one lol. But thanks for the thought anyway bro'

As for the bracelets, They don't touch my axe while I am playing her. She is my baby, and I take great care of her.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Hey guys and gals...just thought I would put up this video of me not playing guitar...at least not the way I want to.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 PM

Well scratch the Dean Vendetta guitar....I just found a pristine guitar at a pawn shop while I was on my lunch break today and I put it on lay away. It is a Schecter Omen 6 (Diamond Series) with the Satin Walnut finish just like I had on my Schecter 006 (Diamond Series) back in the day, this Schecter was also a $450 guitar and I am paying $175...a hell of a bargain for such a cool guitar in such great shape...it looks brand new! Now I don't need my Turbo

Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Doesn't post much...

Nice,

Schecters are awesome guitars.

Rod.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:47 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Wow I have recently discovered, that I have been picking wrong this whole time. Or at least for quite a while. Anyway I am a frequent watcher of youtube. And I was observing more closely, how people were picking. And I decided to try it out. Well sure enough, I can play faster, and solo better. All because of how I hold my pick. If and when I do get a video camera. I will record myself playing covers, as well as my own material. Don't know when though. I would like to research on the kinds I can get. And what one would be best for what I want to do. Allright I figured I would keep this thread alive. And by the way thxone, not a bad bit of playing. Sorry I didn't comment on it sooner bro' Metal Forever!! Rock On!!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 AM

wow im surpised i didnt see this thread before, you got yourself a nice king v. i was considering one of those but decided on going with my esp ltd ex-400 instead. wanted my guitar gods guitar more, my guitar hero james hetfield. now i realize i got the redesinged model of the explorer that esp made because of the lawsuit from gibson for stealing the design of the gibson explorer but i will some day have one of those as well, the esp version, there are some going on ebay but expensive as hell because they are so rare. shes got EMG active 81 in the bridge and EMG active 85 in the neck. supossed to have a EMG active 60 in the neck but mine came with the 85 according to my spec sheet of who built it, but the 85 is better for me because i play rythum,although i hardly use it. i love the sound of the 81. paid $630 for the guitar. damn good deal. so here is a pic of mine minus the diamond plate like james'.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Political n00b crusher

Just got a new axe...a Epiphone Les Paul Standard in honeyburst. Didn't feel like forking out $2,000 for a Gibson, so I got this one for 1/4 of that....and its BEAUTIFUL....the pics don't do it justice...and sounds just as good as any Gibson Les Paul I've ever played. Epiphone FTW!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Doesn't post much...

Epi's are the greatest bang for the buck in the guitar world.

Congrats on the new axe!

Rod.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 PM

Some Vids

Ok after speaking with WildMan on the messenger I have decided to post links to my guitar videos on YouTube. I will be posting many more videos on there as some of my other skills improve. They will all be easily found under the name "Masters of Distortion" I am no master but I even find my videos funny...though there is a minute amount of seriousness in them...mostly just fun.

Lack of Skill

Sweep Picking
Old 09-26-2007, 10:21 AM

Wow you must all shred like Dime himself lol.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Political n00b crusher

Damn Mike, that was some Malmsteen-esque stuff! Impressive.

I can't shred like that...I play mostly bluesy, staight-forward rock-n-roll, pentatonic stuff (the only scale I know..).
Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Damn Mike, that was some Malmsteen-esque stuff! Impressive.

I can't shred like that...I play mostly bluesy, staight-forward rock-n-roll, pentatonic stuff (the only scale I know..).

Thanks man...really, I am just goofing around to amuse myself. I don't have a woman so I do this...keeps me from getting rough palms.

Here is another of my videos:

Metallica 101
Old 09-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Might be easier if I just post a link to my youtube page that way you all can just see all my videos if you want. I have added a few more.

Mikes YouTube
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright, I don't like giving myself credit or whatnot. But I wanted to add.... I have been getting much better at playing lead on guitar. I want to get a digital vid cam here soon. So I can post up on youtube, and myspace. I almost have a song done music wise. I am working on changing to a daytime job. So I can have a life again. I am working 6 nights a week. And am getting extremely burned out. I may go to school for electronics and such. Or maybe even comp programming. Not sure yet.

Anyway just wanted to give an update on my playing. Feel free to comment and or keep adding on to my thread. I am getting ready to play my axe here some more. Later, and Rock on!!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright well so far this year, I have learned a few songs. Here is a list so far, as I plan to learn a few more before the new year. Also I hoping that by learning different songs and tecniques. I will find my own riffs and chords, by incorporating my own style. And eventually start having songs flowing out. I will keep you all updated on this.

Metallica; Ride The Lightning, Seek & Destroy
Slayer; South of Heaven

The Slayer one I started learning last night. I have learned all these songs on youtube, from the same individual. He is a great teacher, and good shredder. Just thought I would share with you on what I have learned. I will eventually try to learn a Pantera, a Megadeth. And definately I want to learn a whole Rush song. Which is still down the road. Rush is a quite complex band to learn songs from. But I will get there someday.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:46 PM

I did a cover of 2112 Temple of Syrinx. Its on my soundclick page. The drums kill me. I play all the instruments in my tunes and Im learning the best I can. Its always the drums !!!! But I like a challenge. Im working on Aerosmiths's Adams Apple. I have the guitar tracks laid down. Now the drums and bass. Vocals last and the little horn section. Ive got a Jackson Kelly Pro that I use every now and then. I use my Carvin the most.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by BushM4
I did a cover of 2112 Temple of Syrinx. Its on my soundclick page. The drums kill me. .
haha, i wouldn't worry about that too much. Neil Peart is the god of drums, nobody can play like him.

Last edited by entropy31; 12-02-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:27 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey guys you gotta check this out. There are absolutely no words to describe this. I have never seen anybody play a guitar like this. Check it out, it will be worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok
Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Pr0n Addict

dude this is where it's at. sorry, just came into the thread.

i posted a bass because i like them better, but you can get guitars from carvin too. say what you want about carvin, but neck-though is beast and you can put whatever pick-ups you want in this body when you get it bare. she's right choice in my opinion
Old 02-23-2008, 05:17 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here are some brand new photos of me, and my axe. Enjoy

Old 02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright....I have an official announcement. I am the new lead guitarist, for the metal band "Maltese" We are getting off the ground. We are currently looking for a bass guitarist, and drummer as of yet. We may have a couple of sources. But it is still open. Here is the link to the band page. If anybody wants to check it out.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...5-dd5fa289ae2b
Old 03-01-2008, 05:00 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay, another update. I talked to my band leader. And he said, we might start doing some stuff, coming spring break. And feel free to post or comment here. And thanks.

Quick Reply: My Dream Guitar