The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My Dream Guitar

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Über User

dont be such a baby god.

man i got a song stuck in my head. who can guess what it is.

"i call her on the phone and she touched herself, she touched herself, she touched herself...
i call her on the phone and she touched her self, i laughed myself to sleep."

such a kick *** song. lol. so who is it by.... anyone.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:15 AM

Some crappy dashboard song, when I saw them I was confused the whole time.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Doesn't post much...

Hmmm...

Check out THIS guitar...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Japan-196...QQcmdZViewItem

Rod.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:01 PM

^^^ Rods trying to re-assure us that he didn't consider the ***** thing^^^...Too late Rod!!! LOL
Old 12-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by CraigS
Some crappy dashboard song, when I saw them I was confused the whole time.
wrong, not dashboard, lol. try again
Old 12-17-2006, 03:51 PM

REALLY? when I saw him he sang that song.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Über User

its from say anything. and its not a sappy accoustic band, its actually some pretty good music, funny some, and ... yeah just check out a few.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:41 PM

I listened and I must say Dashboard did not do that band justice
Old 12-30-2006, 12:34 AM

I wanted to keep WildMans thread alive so I dug up a little drunken guitar track I laid down back in early 2001...it's a mess but hey when you have had to many well then it shows when you play.

http://www.4shared.com/file/8094123/...Mike_Hood.html
Old 12-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Über User

face it... thats the best you got you liar. haha...
Old 12-30-2006, 01:34 AM

How dare you lol....I actually have a half assed CD of the band I played in way back when...8 tracks but most of it was a drunken mess too.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:53 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Dude that was friggin' awesome man! What parts were you playing? The rythm, lead, both? Man I really dig those riffs, and the lead toward the end. Great stuff man, you blow be out of the water. Good job, and keep on Rockin' bro'! Hopefully someday, I will sound as good as that.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Dude that was friggin' awesome man! What parts were you playing? The rythm, lead, both? Man I really dig those riffs, and the lead toward the end. Great stuff man, you blow be out of the water. Good job, and keep on Rockin' bro'! Hopefully someday, I will sound as good as that.
Don't make my head big.... I played the Bass, Clean part, Distortion part, and the lead. The distortion riff is from a song my band and I came up with called Gargoyles Night. The bass guitar part was played on my 6 string and was made to sound like a bass in the Boss 8 track recorder. All the other parts were made up as I recorded each track and were one takes...like I said I had been drinking but was in the mood to mess around with my new toy, the 8 track. Thanx for the complement though. I may put up a track or two from the "album"
Old 12-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Political n00b crusher

You don't sound drunk Mike....that was pretty awesome!! Wish I could play that good sober....
Old 12-30-2006, 12:20 PM

Ok, here are a couple songs...these were around 1999 or so in a hot garage in south east Ga. The name of our band was Tower of Silence and the "album" was "Trapped in Hell" Don't roast me too much on these guys.

http://www.4shared.com/file/8116208/...les_Night.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/8116277/...Preditor_.html

Last edited by thxone; 12-30-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:10 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Not bad bro', not bad at all. For a garage sound, it could have went somewhere. I could hear where it could had some tweeking here and there. But overall, with the polishing, and cleaning up, smoothing out a little more. It definately had potential, to progress, into something better. Good job, and you should think about getting back into the band thing again. And I am not just saying it because.

I am real serious when it comes to music. I never could play that well, I can hit power chords pretty good to a degree. But I am still majorly rusty on the changes, and the fingering yet. Still trying to get my fingers to cooperate, and smooth out more. I think if I get that Jackson, I will get more familiar, and my fingers should glide more evenly, along that beautiful shark inlay neck. Well anyway I have said my thoughts on this. And no it is not to make your head bigger. Don't give up the Metal man, it is a lifelong addiction. He he.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Doesn't post much...

OK, I guess I'll play along.

Nice stuff by the way Mike.

Here's a little taste of what I do.

EVERYTHING you hear in this mix is my playing.

Guitars, keys, bass, drums...

Just a taste though...

http://www.4shared.com/file/8125665/bcf82e0c

Rod.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Doesn't post much...

OK,

Here's a treat for your ears.

My first band, our first gig.

"Order of Senses" Live at the Distillery East night club in Escondido Ca. 1985!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get to hear what I sung like when I was 16!

Wooohooo!!!!

http://www.4shared.com/file/8125889/215362a3

Rod.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:06 PM

Thanks WildMan...I will never give up the metal. If you want to get better with your hands then I would suggest downloading Speed Kills by Michael Angelo, he was voted the #1 guitar shredder of all time....the video is a great instructional video. Here is a link to part of it, he is just jamin in this part but it's cool. His guitar is called the Rocket, is a 29 fret guitar custom made by Charvel.

http://www.4shared.com/file/8126012/...34/Angelo.html
Old 12-30-2006, 05:12 PM

DUDE!
Hell Yeah Rod!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Political n00b crusher

Thats good stuff Mike.....and Rod, cool version of I'll Melt With You. I love that song!

Seems like everyone here is more into metal.....I'm more of a blues rocker/ Southern rocker (I know....I'm from Illinois!) Shredders like Michael Angelo are fine, but Stevie Ray Vaughan is my guitar god!!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Doesn't post much...

Well,

I went to Guitar Center yesterday with a friend who was looking to buy his first guitar. I couldn't help myself... They had the coolest little Squire Strat on sale. Not like I needed any more guitars, but it was so damn pretty and cheap (price wise) that I had to get it.

It's black, with a black "old school" head stock and a chrome pick guard. It has a Humbucker in the bridge position and two single coils. It's the ultimate guitar to fiddle around with and not worry about getting banged up. I brought it home and was shocked at how well it plays and sounds for a cheap foreign Fender. I couldn't really feel or hear a noticeable difference between it and my American Standard that cost ten times more.

It used to be that the foreign made (and I'm not talking about Japan, because the Japanese Fenders kick *** over the American ones anyway's) were of noticeably lesser quality, but they have certainly come a long way.

I wouldn't hesitate to use that little demon at a show if I had technical issues with other guitars.

I'll take some pics later on and post 'em.

Rod.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Political n00b crusher

I agree Rod, the foriegn-made Fenders are kick-*** guitars and great deals. I have a Mexican made Fender Tele Nashville Deluxe....it has the regular two Tele single-coils and an additional Strat PUP in the middle position....the guitar sounds great and I think the quality is right up there with USA Fenders, and I think I paid like $430 for this guitar new a couple years ago. And yeah, the Japanese Fenders are the best.....
Old 01-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Doesn't post much...

^ Yeah, I have a Mexico Strat too and it's a great little guitar. I have played many shows with that guitar. Of all the many, many guitars I own and have owned over the years, I get the fattest tone from my EBow on that Mexican Strat... It's frickin' viscious!!!

Rod.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Political n00b crusher

Another good, cheap foreign guitar is Epiphone....they are basically Korean-made copies of Gibsons at less than 1/2 the price. I had a couple Epi Explorers and the only way you could tell the difference between them and my Gibson Explorer was the name on the headstock...

Quick Reply: My Dream Guitar