FS: 300ZX (90-96) Z32 Cars & Parts

Factory Service Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Factory Service Manuals

Using the downloadable service manual I've created a book edition incase you don't like running to your computer each time to look something up. Repair manuals occasionally show up on eBay, but are generally more expensive. I just got Vol.1 and 2 in today and they look pretty good. Far better than I could print up on my own.

They are available in a 2 Vol set in paperback on Lulu.com. (I have hardback setup too but it's more expensive).

Factory Service Manual Vol. 1
Factory Service Manual Vol. 2

They are 24.95 each plus shipping.
Book size is 8.5x11 in Perfect Bound paperback.

You'll need both Vol.'s for a complete set. This is the complete 1000+ page manual that is available for download at various places. I've added a table of contents for each Vol. and page numbering. Vol. 1 is 589 pages and Vol. 2 is 611 pages. I believe they can ship worldwide.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Previews are available at the above links for each volume.
Covers turbo and non turbo models 90-96.

Here is a breakdown on each volume:

Volume One:
General Information
Maintenance
Engine Mechanical
Engine Lubrication & Cooling System
Engine Fuel & Emission Control
System Engine Control
Fuel & Exhaust Systems
Clutch
Manual Transmission
Auto Transmission

Volume Two:
Propeller Shaft & Differential Carrier
Front Axle & Front Suspension
Rear Axle & Rear Suspension
Brake System
Steering System
Body
Heater & Air Conditioner
Electrical System

There isn't a Haynes or Chiltons to pick up at the local auto parts store. The only other option is to buy the Factory manual that shows up on ebay or at a few websites for $100 plus.

I mainly made the conversion from the download pdf to book format so I could get a set for my own use. I've been using them for about six months now and they've been an invaluable addition to working on my 300. I'm glad I didn't shell out 200 bucks on the first website I went to. I decided to keep them available so other folks can get copies if they want them. I find the pdf a great tool but really like turning pages out in the garage. I can leave them out there or in the trunk.

Originally I was going to print all pages and put in binder but at 1000 plus pages it's just too much to deal with. I checked today and I've sold about 8 copies after I ordered mine so it looks like other folks have ordered a set. I glanced at ebay and there's a '96 manual for 99.00 plus shipping. If you want original I'm not saying you shouldn't track one down, this is for those folks like me who don't want to shell out a ton of cash because it's hard to find.

(If you're interested you can get a hardcover. I don't have them up because they're more expensive to make. They'll be about $30.00 per volume. Plus with hardcover I don't think it will be as easy to flip through the pages like repair manuals should be. One benefit with hardcover is you'll get longer life out of the binding and cover. If anyone's interested in hard cover let me know and I can add them.)
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM
The Good Twin

Hum... isn't this called "Copyright Infringement" ?

Obviously the pdf is pushing the limit, but to then print the pdf's, and make money from them without the publisher's consent... I'm pretty sure that can land you in federal prison.