300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Bout to pull my hair out

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 05:22 PM

Bout to pull my hair out

1991 300z n/a, have steady fuel pressure, good fire, and good injector pulse. Won't start or run. Sprayed gas dwn the intake and it starts, runs till gas runs out. I'm lost. I've never owned one before always had mustangs but wanted something differ. Always have loved the Z, but now Need help, any thoughts?
Old 05-19-2016, 10:30 AM

I'm not too experienced with these cars as i recently purchased my first as well. however i can tell you that even with a good injector pulse (im assuming you used a noid light? or the ol' long screwdriver trick) you can still have a clogged injector.

Being as it runs if you manually add fuel, i would start by looking in that direction. this was my exact problem on a 96 accord i was working on.

i was at the last straw when i pulled the fuel rail and let them prime into a small container still hooked up, instantly found my misfire. This was after i had checked timing, compression, plugs, wires, and fuel pressure as well.

turned out i had great pressure at the fuel rail but even though the injector was pulsing (i rented a noid light for like 10 bucks at a parts store) it was heavily clogged.

I wont make a recommendation on cleaning or replacing becasue i used a dirty PITA method my old man told me about, and i ain't a rich man considering the cost of these parts lol

hope this helps, please report
Old 05-23-2016, 02:22 PM

No luck yet

Originally Posted by joezmam367
I'm not too experienced with these cars as i recently purchased my first as well. however i can tell you that even with a good injector pulse (im assuming you used a noid light? or the ol' long screwdriver trick) you can still have a clogged injector.

Being as it runs if you manually add fuel, i would start by looking in that direction. this was my exact problem on a 96 accord i was working on.

i was at the last straw when i pulled the fuel rail and let them prime into a small container still hooked up, instantly found my misfire. This was after i had checked timing, compression, plugs, wires, and fuel pressure as well.

turned out i had great pressure at the fuel rail but even though the injector was pulsing (i rented a noid light for like 10 bucks at a parts store) it was heavily clogged.

I wont make a recommendation on cleaning or replacing becasue i used a dirty PITA method my old man told me about, and i ain't a rich man considering the cost of these parts lol

hope this helps, please report
Replaced injectors, can get the car running as long as it's above 1500 rpm's. Can un plug #1,2,4,6 cylinders, and no change on the engine. A constant 1500, spray fuel dwn a vacuum line and no change. Next is a stick of dyno mite!