300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

AshSpec or JWT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Sam

AshSpec or JWT?

Hey yall ! im sure this topic has been discussed before.. However im willing to buy an ECU.. I was doing some research and found out that most of z32 owners advise Ash's ECUs since it offers 70hp instead of 60 hp in the case of Wolf's..
Moreover JWT is considered "pig-rich"
I've really read alot and i really would like to ask you guys your opinion about it. Moreover Ashspec's ECU has an additional safey map in case of detonation detection.. however JWT doesnt..
So in simple words. Ashspec: more aggressive, safe, half-priced
JWT:rich, high priced...
Correct me if im wrong
Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

You're wrong, but I'm done correcting you. Search TwinTurbo.NET like an intelligent human being.

And LMMFAO @ at this part:

Originally Posted by Sam
I was doing some research and found out that most of z32 owners advise Ash's ECUs
Where were you doing research? Ash's website? 300ZXClub.com (i.e. the biggest joke in the Z32 world)?

edit: Because I like Harry, I'm gonna help him out a bit... and you benefit from my help in the process.
http://ztuner.com/ecu.htm
$225 for his ECU. And note the part that says
We offer you the reflash for free so you have the benifit of our continued experience with these cars.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 06-16-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Sam
I've really read alot and i really would like to ask you guys your opinion about it.
If you've done your research, you know the answer, and you've also seen plenty of bias.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Sam

Okay zlover so you recommend for me ztuner's ECU.. and i really trust you because of your huge knowledge about the z32..
I sent Harry an e-mail to ask him about the ECU..
Anyway why they dont mention anything about octane degree in his website..
moreover i want to ask you although i know the answer will be biased but i dont know.. does his ECU programmed with an additional safety map in case knocking was detected .. and is it a reliable one and how much hp am i expecting ??
What's the difference between JWT's and Harry's ?

Last edited by Sam; 06-17-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

EVERY Z32 ECU has a safety boost map.

The horsepower gains are roughly the same for all ECUs.

JWT is the originator of ALL Z32 ECU programs. Ash has been accused of copying JWT's program and leaning out the mixture and selling it as his own (hence my LOLing at you thinking Ash's program is better). ZTuner does the same thing JWT does - simply improves on the stock ECU. NONE of these programs were designed from the ground up - you need to get this through your head. All the programs started off as stock and each tuner put his own twist on the fuel maps.

And seriously... stop posting, start searching. TwinTurbo.NET

And emailing Harry was a good idea, but I don't know why you had questions left, considering he can answer all of them (and has more patience with you than I do... though we'll see how long that lasts).
Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Sam

My question to him is if boost jets are included or if they arent can he include them.

Zlover you have my word this is the last question i will ask you concerning the ECU.
Why didnt you suggest for me Harry's ECU in the first place when i told you JWT is very expensive considering both are almost the same.. ??
Old 06-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Because I regard JWT's program as the safest on the market (largely because it does run a little richer) and it's also the industry standard by which all others are compared. It's what I had, and it will always be my first recommendation for an ECU.

Specialty Z also has an ECU option now, come to think of it.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 AM
F5 Hero

None of the above, get Nistune and tune it yourself.....
Old 09-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Bad Speller

I would go with Specialty Z, all the Z's i have ever worked on are tuned by them, they are my personal favorite, always run flawless and perform great. never had a bad experience with them. www.specialtyz.com talk to Sebastian he is the technical one. they do custom in house dyno tuning as well.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Sam

Dude this thread is dead... i already bought a specialty Z chip and i recieved it today .. just need to socket the ECU..
Anyway thanks i can't wait till i socket my ECU and install the chip
Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by Sam
Dude this thread is dead... i already bought a specialty Z chip and i recieved it today .. just need to socket the ECU..
Anyway thanks i can't wait till i socket my ECU and install the chip
why didn't you ship them your ECU? is it your only car and can't afford a week of downtime?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by bardabe
why didn't you ship them your ECU? is it your only car and can't afford a week of downtime?
He's in Lebanon or somewhere like that and shipping is a pain.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Sam

thanks xp warrior for clarification.. yea Lebanon have its own rules and regulations concerning imports/exports.. just as cali has shitty emmission tests..
Old 05-25-2016, 06:46 AM

Nistune

I have dumped $30,000 into my Z and I am fed up.. I am so far working on a second motor built from the ground up because JWT had the car running really rough so I changed it to Nistune and guess what Kaboom!!! No safety mapping at all neither timing protection so if you want to blow up your motor 2 to 6 months down the road ? So be it but I'm going straight to Ash and get the right ECU !!! Good luck on the Nistune.