300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Just installed lowering springs, have a question

Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 PM

Just installed lowering springs, have a question

I put B&G springs and tokico struts on my 1986 n/a 300z. The car is sitting great in the rear, but the front is still sticking up a bit. I've driven the car about 80 miles since the install. Someone told me to wait about a month or 500 miles for the front to settle. Is that a good estimate?

This is what I'm really worried about though: I've lost faith in the shop that installed the springs and struts. Long story short, a friend of a friend owns the shop and he must have put the new guy to work on my car because after they coated my calipers, they put the front calipers back on wrong! They put the left calipers on the right side, the right calipers on the left. Due to this, it makes me question the overall job they did. Could they have installed the rear springs in the front and the front springs in the rear? Can you accidentally do this? Make fun of me for asking this dumb question if you want, but someone please answer it.

Also, if you want to make fun of me for lowering my car, go ahead I can take it. I think cars look cool as sh*t when they're lowered a bit...but yes, I realize that I have to drive more carefully.

Anyway, thanks for the advice people of Zdriver.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:02 AM

You never looked at your springs at all, have you? If you had, you're realize how silly this question is.

IMO: B&G springs are some of the worst out there. I'm sorry you bought them.

500 miles or a month sounds plausible. Or just get out there and take some hard corners for an hour or so. Hard stops. Hard starts. etc.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM

another silly question

Your attitude is what brought on SB 1070 in your state and is why I go straight to the grand canyon, then leave. You're good people down there, huh, rootin for 'merica, holding your guns. Good job.

So here's another silly question, what's wrong with B&G springs? I did my research and made my decision based on that and based on what I learned from talking to people. What am I supposed to know? When I opened the box the springs looked different, so I'm guessing that there is no way you could accidentally install the rear springs in the front and vice-versa....but I'd thought I'd just ask. Geez.

So, with all your infinite wisdom of everything Z31 related, please enlighten me on how much I don't know about B&G springs and why I'm a dumbass for buying them. Anybody can jump here, clarify why I'm a novice and why I should leave this forum to the pros.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. Did your family get deported? Your attitude is one reason I hate newbies. You obviously have no clue what you're doing and expect to be spoon fed information because you're too stupid to think. What the hell does my attitude have to do with SB1070? What kind of racist piece of **** are you? Are you an illegal immigrant? Are you smuggling or smoking dope and using our hospitals and giving us the bill? Screw you.

If you looked at the springs and can't figure out how impossible it would be to make the front springs fit the rear of the car and vice versa, then you really are too stupid to be able to work on your own car.

It's my opinion that the B&G springs are some of the worst out there. But since you say you asked for other people's opinions on them, then get pissed off when I give you my opinion of them, then it seems like you didn't really get anyone else's opinion of them first. So take your attitude and shove it up your tailpipe jackass.

BTW: Many other states are looking into bills similar to SB1070. But you're too wrapped up in what your liberal news source is telling you to actually have read anything about the law and what it really does. You're probably one of those typical morons who worship the liberal media and can't think on your own.

Last edited by AZ-ZBum; 02-16-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Originally Posted by Z31_Chicago
Your attitude is what brought on SB 1070 in your state
Remember you did say this in your first post...

Make fun of me for asking this dumb question if you want, but someone please answer it.

Also, if you want to make fun of me for lowering my car, go ahead I can take it.
Don't get offended when you lay it out on the line. The front & rear springs are completely different.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

Let the fun start. (pulls a bag of popcorn out)
Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM

I don't think he'll be coming back. Good. He can take his whiny political agenda elsewhere. Damn F'tards.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM

See, that's what I thought. I knew the two sets of springs looked different. I just wanted to make sure. thanks.

What got me pissed wasn't your opinion, but how you stated your opinion, like I'm just supposed to know B&G is bogus. Tell me why. Be constructive. And, now let's turn to being un-constructive.

I guess your response (really, all your responses on this forum) suits your hillbilly white trash ways. There's not much of an education system down south, especially in AZ, thanks to your nutty Republican and spineless Democratic state leadership. I'm surprised you can read and write. That's a win in my book!

As a white guy myself, all you sissy-southern, flag-waving. sister-screwing rednecks make me sick. I hope every member of your family gets AIDS, you reactionary racist scum.

I look forward to chatting again. Cheers, (It means have a nice day)

Jeff from Chicago
Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Ruff Ryder

See, that's what I thought. I knew the two sets of springs looked different. I just wanted to make sure. thanks.

What got me pissed wasn't your opinion, but how you stated your opinion, like I'm just supposed to know B&G is bogus. Tell me why. Be constructive. And, now let's turn to being un-constructive.

I guess your response (really, all your responses on this forum) suits your hillbilly white trash ways. There's not much of an education system down south, especially in AZ, thanks to your nutty Republican and spineless Democratic state leadership. I'm surprised you can read and write. That's a win in my book!

As a white guy myself, all you sissy-southern, flag-waving. sister-screwing rednecks make me sick. I hope every member of your family gets AIDS, you reactionary racist scum.

Jeff from Chicago

How the **** is arizona anywhere near the south? I guess you carpet bagger yankee's don't get taught history or american english in school?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Oh, my man, you got me. I should have clarified what I meant by South, with me bein from the North and all. I was stereotyping all white people who live south of interstate 70, maybe interstate 80. All though, California is cool. New Mexico does it thing. There's some nice anarchist spots in Colorado. And much respect to New Orleans and Austin. The other states and cities need to go somewhere, or start reading books and saying hello to their friendly brown, black, and Asian neighbors. But, I'm sure there are at least 100 to 200 white people in AZ, TX, MS, FL, and LA who are down with this idea. You can't group everyone together.

Forgive me for stereotyping a whole group of people and seeming to get my history wrong, I wouldn't want to do that. Thanks for the correction. Cheers.

Jeff _ the white guy white people hater
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Ruff Ryder

WTF? and I thought that guy from oregon spoke gibberish.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 PM

Jeff from Chicago
WOW! You are one ignorant stupid ****, aren't you? Nice to know you're political agenda has overwritten your ability to be intelligent. I could tell you all the ways you're preconceived notions about Arizona are wrong, but you probably wouldn't believe me anyway. Typical dumbass. Have you even been to Arizona? Have you even been outside of your little town? I seriously doubt it. It's closed minded people like you that make other people from other countries hate Americans. Really. You sound like you're the inbred dirtbag. Try reading a book or visiting a museum. You might learn something.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by hoov100
WTF? and I thought that guy from oregon spoke gibberish.
seriously?........ >.>
Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Wow did this thread go SOUTH! Oh woops, I said south.

Anyway, yeah please keep politics out of this Z forum. I live in Arizona, and never considered it south. Not anywhere near it. Though it is Southwest, which is entirely different. Honestly, I am not thrilled with many politicians for that matter. I especially am not thrilled with the jackass trying to destroy our country. And he still hasn't proved he was born here. Besides all that, I wont say anymore about that subject.

See what you made me do? Okay, let's get back on topic. Have a nice day.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Über User

that escalated quickly.... what gives?

AZ kinda has some ****ed up government but IL is corrupt as crap. I actually wouldn't mind living in the south at this point. Nice weather, and the taxes aren't batshit crazy. May not be a fan of the "southern" people, and by that I mean alabama lol, but texas would be nice in the populated areas like dallas.

And I have family in AZ, so I don't have anything against the people there, though it is def a party state for kids in school.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
The Emblem Thief y0!

A ****, from Chicago (And not the movie)

I'm from Oklahoma, and I already see enough about "The South"

So am I hillbilly white trash?

I've never once supported drinking cheap beer on the porch, lobbing shotgun rounds into the air at people passing by, or ****ing your sister.

Mainly because I'm 100% German, and you can go ahead and flame on about my heritage.

If you don't like how your front is, clip the springs so it sits lower, otherwise, take them back and get Teins or Ground controls. If you aren't going to listen to our advise, no matter how harsh it is, then **** off. If you aren't going to keep it Z related, (specifically because you started the off topic conversation to begin with) then shut the hell up.

Nismo, can I get his IP address?

Last edited by WanganDevilZ; 02-18-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM
West Coast!

WOW!!! good stuff guys!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
The Good Twin

Lowering springs and stereotypes go hand in hand these days...

dub-ewe-tee-eff! Back on topic or I'll über bann you all!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 PM

B&G lowering springs Suck, no one who has done any online research on the Z31 forums would buy them.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by WanganDevilZ
If you don't like how your front is, clip the springs so it sits lower, otherwise, take them back and get Teins or Ground controls. If you aren't going to listen to our advise, no matter how harsh it is, then **** off. If you aren't going to keep it Z related, (specifically because you started the off topic conversation to begin with) then shut the hell up.
Tien and Ground Control don't make drop in springs or coil overs for the Z31.