replacing struts and shocks on 86T - ZDriver.com

300ZX (Z31) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #1

replacing struts and shocks on 86T

The diagnosis on my 86T's horrible ride is a plethora of bad suspension parts. I need both front struts, rear shocks, outer tie rod ends, and ball joints.
I am in the process of ordering the parts needed for this job, the confusion comes with replacing my factory adjustable suspension with non-adjustable. The shop that diagnosed my car suggested KYB for shocks and struts. I notice that when looking at the KYB there is a part labeled adapter kit or conversion kit depending on the website. I assume this is a necessary part although the only video I could find on youtube didn't mention or show any adapter kit.

So my question is this do I need the adapter kit for KYB gas shocks/struts, and do I need 4 of them? I really would prefer to only make one order.

Also the shop mentioned bump stops, and best I can tell these are what they are referring to. Once again question, do I need 4 of these.

I am not bound to order the KYB, it's just a brand I was given, if there are other similar price/quality brands I am open. I just am ready to get started so I would like place the order pretty soon.

Thanks!!
lazarus2297 is offline   Reply With Quote