280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

245/45r16?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:53 PM

245/45r16?

tldr; Will 245/45r16 tires fit front and back? Tire size calculators say yes for circumference but I can't find any info in the search or google at all for that wide of a tire.
---

Hey guys, I'm getting my '83 back from the shop after they finished my rb25 swap, and everything besides the engine is still bone stock, so a lot of that Hp will be wasted.

I still want to drive it around (carefully) for a while because I've hardly ever ridden in it.
I'll be changing to polyurethane bushing right away, but my friends are pushing for me to get new wheels even before I work on any other suspension mainly I guess because it's easy to do so no downtime.

They are not Z fans at all and aren't very helpful, mainly they just guide me here and there since I know almost nothing about cars. (doesn't stop me from loving my s130, and I am trying to learn as fast as I can)

I used the tire size converter, my friends suggested 16 inch, (I don't know why) And lo and behold, 245mm wide tires are a match!

Now I am on my own here and using things like the car-bible website and such to learn all I can, but I found these Tires and Wheels:

Tires on Ebay
(ps I only picked summer tires because Texas and I wont drive this in the ice/bad weather anyway)

Wheels from Discount Tire

Now even if those fit, I don't know if working on my suspension later will affect how they fit? I most likely plan on buying the plug and play front coilovers from T3, and idek how to figure out the back suspension (I'm not there yet) But if there are any pitfalls here I should be aware of I would really appreciate any heads up.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:46 PM

I will go with 225 on the fronts and 245 in the rears and you have Zero offset wheels so you are fine.