240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to performance motor enhancements, upgrades.

Hi Quality engine and transmission seals and gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 04:10 PM

Hi Quality engine and transmission seals and gaskets

I need the following parts for my 240z but with Premium high quality standards:

Urethane Bushing kit

Steering Rack boots

Crankcase gasket or ENgine overhaul gasket kit

Rear Main seal / crankshaft

Front and Rear transmission Seal

Front cover gasket engine

Rear differential cover seal

Rear differential Seal

Should i purchase these seals and bushings in Black Dragon or should i really invest on high end part supplier? if so which one carries all these parts.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jalexquijano
I need the following parts for my 240z but with Premium high quality standards:

Urethane Bushing kit

Steering Rack boots

Crankcase gasket or ENgine overhaul gasket kit

Rear Main seal / crankshaft

Front and Rear transmission Seal

Front cover gasket engine

Rear differential cover seal

Rear differential Seal

Should i purchase these seals and bushings in Black Dragon or should i really invest on high end part supplier? if so which one carries all these parts.
I've never purchased anything from Black Dragon so I can't tell you anything about the quality of their offerings.

However, I have had a good experience with the urethane bushing kit from Energy Suspension. There are lots of vendors selling that particular product.

Just curious, is it a requirement you purchase all those parts from the same place?
Old 11-15-2014, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by beg3yrs
I've never purchased anything from Black Dragon so I can't tell you anything about the quality of their offerings.

However, I have had a good experience with the urethane bushing kit from Energy Suspension. There are lots of vendors selling that particular product.

Just curious, is it a requirement you purchase all those parts from the same place?
Not a requirment but it is preferable. Dealing with MSA is difficult. I prefer using another supplier that sells high quality seals.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:11 PM

I've had good luck with Rock Auto (rockauto.com) for Z parts too. They often give you a choice of multiple manufacturers for the same parts. Give them a try.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by beg3yrs
I've had good luck with Rock Auto (rockauto.com) for Z parts too. They often give you a choice of multiple manufacturers for the same parts. Give them a try.
Just searched in Rock Auto. I have still not found any OEM datsun 240z engine and transmission gaskets or seals. Who is the manufacturer that is now producing Nissan Factory seals?
Old 11-16-2014, 07:05 PM

IF you are looking specifically for Datsun/Nissan OEM parts, the best source for me has been Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com. Remember Nissan stopped building the L24 engine in the early 1980's. True OEM parts may be sparse. If Courtesy Parts cannot find the part, it's likely not available. There are lots of good gasket manufacturers. a vendor like Summit or Jeg's can offer lots of good alternatives to OEM. One piece of advice I came across on this forum concerned head gaskets where OEM Nissan was strongly suggested.

Prothane makes an excellent urethane bushing product. You can buy them directly from Prothane or from several vendors. Make sure you buy kits that come with the installation lubricant included.