240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to performance motor enhancements, upgrades.

from the boneyard

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 PM

from the boneyard

got this 74 260 2+2 from the boneyard will not crank with the key. I tried a new switch and same thing no power getting to the switch or electronic ignition. I am new to these cars but everything is there and no rust the interior is clean just the body and paint and suspension. There was a kill switch and starter button but I took that off and connected new leads to the switch from the harness. My battery red/white lead is dead and according to the cooler coding in the diagram it is correct. I put in another side post battery and attached the link to the started at the + terminal got power to the starter but nothing happens. I even tested the starter with a remote and she cranks and pumps fuel up to the carbs but no flashing LED on the Crane box or spark. the seat belt wires are bypassed is there something else? I have a Chiltons and wiring diagram from Motors 2001 online. If I get power to the switch than the Crane will pick up a signal and she should start. We already tested the module and coil and ballast resistor. all fuses are good I don't even hear a click from the relay on the right. Guy at the yard said it did run but took several cycles of the key to get it going. He said that the engine was noisy on top like a lifter.